Motorcraft oil Who makes it ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motorcraft oil Who makes it ???

Can someone please tell me who is now the manufacture of Motorcraft oil ? Thank You.

Old 10-24-2001, 10:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A long time ago I was told by a guy at Advance Auto Parts that it was the same oil as Texaco/Havoline.

Old 10-24-2001, 11:17 PM
Re: Motorcraft oil Who makes it ???

Originally posted by GCOLE
Can someone please tell me who is now the manufacture of Motorcraft oil ? Thank You.
I believe it is Conoco and Petro Canada. I remember reading this in a post a while back.

Old 10-25-2001, 04:29 AM
Ashland Oil Company, Ashland, Kentucky, the same people who make Valvoline. I use Valvoline full-sunthetic because it is the same company as Motorcraft, but there are all kinds of opinions on oil. That is who makes it, though.

Old 10-25-2001, 09:49 AM
Conoco

Old 10-25-2001, 10:39 AM
Location: INDIANA,.....USA " Where more than Corn grows in Indiana"!!!
Lightbulb

Havoline makes Ford oil, or did . I know a guy who bought MotorCraft 5w30 & opened the case & Havoline 5w30 was in there instead of MotorCraft oil. This case was bought I think at a Wal-Mart store.
Lariat#1

Old 10-25-2001, 11:19 AM
Lowest bid?

Old 10-25-2001, 08:53 PM
no idea. i like using pennzoil.

Old 10-28-2001, 03:45 PM
Smile

I'm with Frank S. I've been told the same thing-Texaco/Havoline/Motorcraft=the same oils diff. bottles. Personally, I use Valvoline all climate, and in my couple vehicles that get the synthetic, it's Mobil 1 all the way.

Old 10-29-2001, 05:30 AM
Seriously, Ashland Oil Company, it's on the labels of both Valvoline and Motorcraft. I don't know if they make Havoline or anything else, they may, but I do know that Valvoline and Motorcraft are the same oils. I can't remember where I read it, but I found it on the net using Hotbot search engine. They are both Ashland Oil Company, I do know that.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:50 PM
RE: Motorcraft oil Who makes it ???

Ford Motorcraft Oil is the same as the Premium Valvoline Oil. In fact Roush and his various companies, all use Valvoline and are also involved with the Ford and Valvoline Oil and lubrication Engineering deppartments. BNoth as consultant and as employee Engineers. (In fact) Go to Roush Racing and you will find that all Roush conventional and Synthetic oils are labeled Valvoline. Also, Roush's airplanes and in cluding his vintage craft (WWII P-51 Mustangs, etc.) are all lubricated with Motorcraft/Valvoline oils.

I also hear recently that, Roush also supports the Shelby claims with the use of Zmax. I also use Zmax in my Ford F150. I now have 172,000 miles on it. I have only had to due the normal ford required maintenance schedules. Now the only thing I need to do next with my truck is the right lower control arm has finally started going and it looks like the left upper is starting to make noise.....Soooo, I am just going to go ahead and replace both left and right upper and lower control arms. (I would not have had to if Ford back then would have made them with greaserts). Sorry for takking off on a tangent there, but I would say either go to Ford for oil changes or if you do them your self, Use Motorcraft from a auto parts store or use the Valvolene from an auto parts store.

I do not trust any of the Quicky lube in-and-outs out there. They typically put whatever they want and also charge extra for other brand oils and you still do not know if they really put your preferred brand in. (True there are some specific brand quicky lubes, i.e. Quaker, Penzoil, Valvoline.) But they usually use the cheapest of their product and you have to use the cheapest oil filers and some of them, the oil is actually a recycled oil and right out of the ate, they are approximately 20 percent as good as fresh oils. Also all the lune plces always want to upsell you on various products. (This is where they make money and 7-8 out of 10 customers will take some sort of up-sell and thus why they claim such LOW pricing). If you REALLY compare apple to apples, fluids and filters, you will find going straight to Ford, or any car company for that matter, the pricing is VERY, VERY competitive. PLUs, I cannot speak for the other Auto manufactures' Dealer shops, but with any Ford Dealer in USA and Canada, the Lube, oil, and filter comes with a gurrantee. Sorry for miss spelling. I get in a hurry and sometime not proof read enough. LOL.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've heard before that Motorcraft oil is always up for resale. Sometimes it's Pennzoil, Valvoline, Wolfs Head ect. Never was sure if it was true or not but I use Valvoline. I was raised on the stuff and won't use anything else.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:02 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
You also reopened a thread that's been dead for more than 9 years.

Interesting - the info I have is Motorcraft oil is made by Conoco/Phillips. Doesn't really matter, whatever it is, it tests out very well.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Motorcraft oils are made at two locations. One is Conoco Phillips, Houston, which provides all of the GP III white basestock for MC oils. Motorcraft oils are blended there in Houston and also blended at Excelda. Both follow extreme caution in blending the highly specified Motorcraft oils. For those not familiar with Excelda:

http://www.excelda.com/excelda/

About Zmax:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm

Last edited by Labnerd; 07-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Labnerd
Motorcraft oils are made at two locations. One is Conoco Phillips, Houston, which provides all of the GP III white basestock for MC oils. Motorcraft oils are blended there in Houston and also blended at Excelda. Both follow extreme caution in blending the highly specified Motorcraft oils. For those not familiar with Excelda:

http://www.excelda.com/excelda/

About Zmax:
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm
Once again Labnerd rings the bell! In recent time anyway, Conoco/ Phillips is the only one that I have consistently read that makes the Motorcraft semi-synthetic oil. By nature of the internet, there will probably be someone who comes on serious as a heart attack saying that his uncle Ned makes it in his bathtub at home and ships it by goat cart to Nirobi to be packaged because he has helped good old uncle Ned out when he gets behind in production. Keep up the good work Labnerd, you're much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Motorcraft oil Who makes it ???