What rpm range are expressway speeds

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What rpm range are expressway speeds

So my 07 4.6 2wd xl has no tach. I'm trying to decide on leaving the stock muffler for torque or switching for more hp. The cats are being replaced on Monday and I have a tuner on the way as well. I tow a 4000 lb camper and I need to make as much difference at expressway speeds as possible. The freer muffler will provide more in the mid and upper but I don't know where that line is. Help! I have a home cai mod w/k&n and everything else stock.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Rear end

I believe it's a 373 rear end as well

Old 02-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Yer kinda putting the horse before the cart here. You don't need the trick exhaust or the tuner so much as you need a tach. You can get a Scangauge or an UltraGauge that will give you tons of information you need while towing. It hooks into the OBD port at the steering column. It will give you a variety of screens to setup. I use the tach/ system voltage/ engine core temp/ and instant fuel mileage. You can program any of them to give you the exact amount of power you are making and a host of others that are available. Once you have it installed and programmed, now you have exact information on your truck which nobody here knows if it is a supercrew, regular cab, what size tires,etc. These gauges will give you the exact info. Here's a short vid on the Ultragauge and how it works. You can put it anywhere you can see it. Ultragauge costs 79 bucks. Scangauge is more money.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mo9naImUBmE

Old 02-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Awesome

I'll check it out, thanks for the reply