03' F150 Harley Davidson Check Engine Light On/hesitation & shaking while acceleratin

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03' F150 Harley Davidson Check Engine Light On/hesitation & shaking while acceleratin

My 03 has been shaking a lot while accelerating. Around 45-55 mph it looses a little "umph" and then picks up. I just had all tires replaced yesterday and an oil change. Some of my research has been telling me it's my "tourqe converter". I'm hoping it's not. Any ideas on what it could be??

Old 12-11-2016, 12:52 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
As you were asked in the other thread you posted in, how many miles on the spark plugs and what brand are they?

This sounds a lot more like a misfire than a torque converter. This would be caused by spark plugs and/or coils.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:44 PM
Ohhh

im not 100% sure what brand and how many miles are on the spark plugs. I just purchased the truck last Monday. I figured that their would issues, but dang. So a slight update. I was driving it today, and it shudder a little bit at take off. Then calmed down, I got up to bout 35mph and it shuddered again. Since I was on base I can't go to fast.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:42 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Time to change the spark plugs. Use only Motorcraft, no antiseize, and torque them to 28 ft/lb. Clean or replace the coil boots, use dielectric grease. If it still misses, you may need one or more coils and a compression test may be advisable.

If you just bought it, is there any kind of warranty?

Old 12-20-2016, 03:40 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Time to change the spark plugs. Use only Motorcraft, no antiseize, and torque them to 28 ft/lb. Clean or replace the coil boots, use dielectric grease. If it still misses, you may need one or more coils and a compression test may be advisable.

If you just bought it, is there any kind of warranty?
just an update; changed the plugs and coils. Runs like a champ now! Now for and updated cold air intake. My intake air intake is stil the block type not the tube. Also looking into a new exhaust system. I'm a big flowmaster but not really liking their setup for our style of truck. Also not sure if I want to keep original style or tuck it away or go dual out ethier side. Only a few mods I would like to do but just getting it running right was the highlight of my weekend. Thanks for all the help.

Old 12-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hendr1x
just an update; changed the plugs and coils. Runs like a champ now! Now for and updated cold air intake. My intake air intake is stil the block type not the tube. Also looking into a new exhaust system. I'm a big flowmaster but not really liking their setup for our style of truck. Also not sure if I want to keep original style or tuck it away or go dual out ethier side. Only a few mods I would like to do but just getting it running right was the highlight of my weekend. Thanks for all the help.
Glad to hear that you got your hesitation issue sorted out. If you aren't a fan of the American Thunder Cat-back system (Part #17367) that we offer for your truck, but still want a deep Flowmaster rumble, you may want to take a look at our 50 Series HD muffler (Part #8525554). Feel free to give us a call at (707) 544-4761 with any questions. Happy Holidays.