Alternator help on a 08 F150 4.6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alternator help on a 08 F150 4.6

Hi I know I'm not as active as I could be but I keep forgetting about this site as my wife's f150 basically never has any problems, compared to my Jeep , which is a rolling rebuild,
However about a week ago we got towed from Ahoskie back to rich square with a dead alternator, I know its the alternator cause theres 12 vdc when its off or charging according to my multi meter, so i have a VERY IMPORTANT question
What year alternator from what model can I use, my oldest son is in Norfolk and he said I can use several but he was as specific as a politician
I need to know what year, and model will fit on a 2008 F150 with a 4.6 V8, please.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:01 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
To be safe - any 2004-2008 F150.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking at a couple of Alternator places looks like up to 2011, but for sure 4 to 8.

Dang Rich Square is in the middle of no where. I grew up in Elizabeth City, So I know boonies.

Old 12-05-2016, 07:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glen R
Looking at a couple of Alternator places looks like up to 2011, but for sure 4 to 8.

Dang Rich Square is in the middle of no where. I grew up in Elizabeth City, So I know boonies.
Yep Rich Square is in the middle of the boonies alright, but ya know what? I grew up 13 miles from the nearest gas pump in Searcy County Arkansas on county Road 254 on trace Ridge, closest town was Leslie where I went to school, population was 501 in'81when I left I joined the Navy to get out of there, spent 35 years between Norfolk and VA Beach, when the economy crashed I'm one of the ones that was supposed to lose everything, I fid lose a 6 digital 401k but I managed to keep the house (doublewide) in 99 I retired, considered leaving wide wanted to stay cause of her mom, 3 years ago her mom died and we started looking, almost didn't sell the house cause according to VA no trailer built before 76 could have any value at sale, according to VA beach my mobile home is now a trailer built in 1972, and worthless, still paying 235k worth of taxes a year in a corrupt city I sold a 48k lot for 65k (sight unseen to cmh Homes in nn) paid the 35k I STILL owed after 23 years paying on a 49k loan, and after three realtors 2.5 years and being put on nitrostat because of stress, we found this place right after we found it my place sold so I paid cash for this point 92 acre in the middle of nowhere, everything is a half an hour away center EC, that's 2 hours if I take 158, BUT even with the truck down and searching for a job, I stopped taking the nitrostat and my retirement pays the water bill. And I have the deed to my house and land in a fireproof box, I'd rather not EVER step foot in VA again unless it's a matter of life and death. Although when I order the alternative, ( found a new one on rock auto for 98)its coming from. A company in Richmond va

Old 12-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wolfen
Yep Rich Square is in the middle of the boonies alright, but ya know what? I grew up 13 miles from the nearest gas pump in Searcy County Arkansas on county Road 254 on trace Ridge, closest town was Leslie where I went to school, population was 501 in'81when I left I joined the Navy to get out of there, spent 35 years between Norfolk and VA Beach, when the economy crashed I'm one of the ones that was supposed to lose everything, I fid lose a 6 digital 401k but I managed to keep the house (doublewide) in 99 I retired, considered leaving wide wanted to stay cause of her mom, 3 years ago her mom died and we started looking, almost didn't sell the house cause according to VA no trailer built before 76 could have any value at sale, according to VA beach my mobile home is now a trailer built in 1972, and worthless, still paying 235k worth of taxes a year in a corrupt city I sold a 48k lot for 65k (sight unseen to cmh Homes in nn) paid the 35k I STILL owed after 23 years paying on a 49k loan, and after three realtors 2.5 years and being put on nitrostat because of stress, we found this place right after we found it my place sold so I paid cash for this point 92 acre in the middle of nowhere, everything is a half an hour away center EC, that's 2 hours if I take 158, BUT even with the truck down and searching for a job, I stopped taking the nitrostat and my retirement pays the water bill. And I have the deed to my house and land in a fireproof box, I'd rather not EVER step foot in VA again unless it's a matter of life and death. Although when I order the alternative, ( found a new one on rock auto for 98)its coming from. A company in Richmond va
Know the feeling. I lived in Gso for about 18 years, working for a tier 1 Auto supplier, making good money. Our plant closed in 2009, I passed on moving to the main facility in Wisconsin. Ended up with a position in Statesville making about 30 percent less, but my stress level is nearly zero. I am working 50/55 hours a week salary, vs 65/70, making our own product line with reasonable lead times. I now manage about 7 to 10 people between my paint line and quality team, and act as unofficial asst plant manager of plant with 75 employees, vs plant and quality manager simultaneously with about 250 employees. So there is definitely something to be said for living in a rural area.