No power when accelerating 98 5.4

Old 04-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No power when accelerating 98 5.4

Just bought a 98 F150 5.4. 273,000 miles, wouldnt go into park, misfire on #4, p0401 error code and exhaust leak most likely on both sides... I fixed the shifter and adjusted cable, everything now tight and goes into park fine. removed throttle body, cleaned it, new gaskets, new dpfe, and new hose assembly... the one that connects on the rear of the throttle body, and goes to passenger side and trees off anf has some sort of sensor that pushes into the engine (notice i am not a mechanic with words, but love digging in) Messed up when removing throttle body and got about 2 cups of coolant along entire passenger bank of coils. So bought 8 coils, and 8 plugs. replaced all 4 on driver side and 3 on passenger side 2nd fron back wont come off. and rear driver plug stuck so left it.

No more misfire. But she is pretty damn weak. idles fine, though has an exhaust leak and it sounda like a farm tractor, but from a dead stop, puch gas she goes like a bat outta hell... but if i am in town doing 35 and get to the 55mph area good luck. only way to get it to go is cometely let off gas, then punch it. Definately does not like hills.

I could get the egr valve off... if that is what the saucer looking thing is... that nut is on good.

Minimal rust on this beauty, especially for an Iowa truck, but does have a crap ton of miles. To appease the wife, cheaper is better. May end up to be a year long project, but any suggestions on where to start?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No power when accelerating 98 5.4