5.4 is sputtering randomly please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 02:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 is sputtering randomly please help

2000 f150 5.4 I bought this truck 3 weeks ago from a friend, it has ran fantastic up until 2 days ago. I drove to work and it started raining (I work 12's) so I get out of work and start the truck let it warm up for about 8 mins. So I take off get about 2 miles from work and my truck sputters going up a slight hill in overdrive then straightens out. So I get on the highway running 70 make it about 2 or 3 miles and it sputters again so I slow down to about 45 and kick it down hoping I could clear out the issue and it worked....so I make it another 3 miles or so and I start losing power and when I hit the gas the truck chugs and sputters and just runs like crap so I baby the truck home for the next 10 miles doing about 25 mph...next day I put the truck in my garage and started blowing out the plug holes with my air compressor cylinder 3 and 4 had water in them. So I crank the heat up to 80 and let the truck sit in it for about 6 or 7 hours then I change all the spark plugs and boots. So I fire the truck up and everything is great I make it about 3 blocks and my check engine light comes on and now I have a miss at an idol and it misses when I take off until 5-10mph and it smooths right out and runs great, so I go to auto zone they scan the truck and it says misfire cylinder 3. So I buy a new coil and put it on, check engine light went off but still has the miss...Iv been Googlein my symptoms all day and haven't found a good answer yet. If anyone can help me out with some ideas I would grearly appreciate it....sorry for the long post I just wanted everyone to know the whole situation

Quick Reply: 5.4 is sputtering randomly please help