2011 5.0 with OBD code p0012

Old 11-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 5.0 with OBD code p0012

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and had a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have a 2011 F150 FX4 with a 5.0 and about 49000 miles. Drove from upstate NY to Maryland last weekend and on my way home my check engine light came on and I noticed I had a slight loss of power and when I tried to give it some more throttle I was getting a vibration that seemed to come from my Transmission, especially in 5th and 6th gear.

Next day I checked the code and it read P0012, Cam shaft timing over retarded Bank 1.

First thing that came to mind was the 5.4L problems that seemed to happen to everyone. I'm lucky enough that I have a certified Pre-owned warranty and it's covered regardless.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a common issue as it was with the 5.4, and has anyone else experienced this? I'm just trying to satisfy my own curiosity.

Thank a lot.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:20 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CrashMan82
...I have a 2011 F150 FX4 with a 5.0 and about 49000 miles. Drove from upstate NY to Maryland last weekend and on my way home my check engine light came on and I noticed I had a slight loss of power and when I tried to give it some more throttle I was getting a vibration that seemed to come from my Transmission, especially in 5th and 6th gear.

Next day I checked the code and it read P0012, Cam shaft timing over retarded Bank 1.

First thing that came to mind was the 5.4L problems that seemed to happen to everyone. I'm lucky enough that I have a certified Pre-owned warranty and it's covered regardless...
Welcome to the forum, CrashMan82! Is your truck at the dealership now? I know they'd be happy to get that code resolved for you. Let me know when this is in their hands; I'd like to see what I can do to assist as well.

Crystal

Old 11-09-2015, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, CrashMan82! Is your truck at the dealership now? I know they'd be happy to get that code resolved for you. Let me know when this is in their hands; I'd like to see what I can do to assist as well.

Crystal
Yes, its scheduled for service tomorrow morning. I'm just curious if this is a frequent problem like it was with the 5.4L Triton. I didn't really find anything with other people experiencing this similar issue, so I hope it's a fluke.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CrashMan82
Yes, its scheduled for service tomorrow morning...
I'm glad this will be in your dealer's hands soon, CrashMan82. If you would like me to loop in your regional customer service manager after you receive a diagnosis, just send me a PM with your details. I'll need your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 with OBD code p0012