5.4 2v potential

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 2v potential

Okay so i have a question im hoping to get some honest answers for. I have a 2wd 2000 f150 with the 5.4 2v.

Its been a wonderful truck that i love and have no desire to get rid of. Its a daily driver. No racing. But id like more get up. Now i already know that LTs and the supporting dual exhaust with a custom tune are the next step and those are coming soon. As well as 4.10 with a limited slip.

I have a feeling it wont be enough though. I know alotta folks will say lightning swap. And ive considered it. I really feel i wanna see what the truck will do N/A. So my question being what can be done such as port and polished heads etc that will give the truck more kick without sacrificing down low torque. Ive read tons on fox lake heads or the twisted wedge trick flows but (especially the TFs) that seems geared towards race truck which means sacrificing that down low torque. So what about porting the PI heads, getting the lower intake ported to match with the proper gaskets, getting heavier rated springs and cams that maintain stock duration but a higher lift? I understand the cost trust me. Im curious about numbers. I cant find any numbers. How much can the stock intake support and upto what rpms? (I know with the heavier springs i should be able to if i really felt like getting on it easily hit 5500rpm without valve float). Is there a better intake ment for low end torque production?

For the record i have read the HP freak thread and many many others. Ive searched lightning rodder and the mustang forums. Ive looked at 4v swap and seen many members who at this point i trust their input (tarajereme, jbrew, neal to name a few whose opinions i respect) who have said or shown that the 4v swap isnt viable for specifically what i want.

Is this just not feasable for this motor? Id like 300 hp and with numbers ive seen (and stock numbers reflecting this) 400ft lbs torque at rear wheels.

Is this just unreachable without FI or sacrificing low end torque?

Thanks to any and all who add any input. Its all greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: 5.4 2v potential