Fuel Related Starting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Related Starting Issue

Hey guys, I have an 2005 f150 5.4L Triton V8 lariat that i need to crank the starter 3 times for truck to start. Its getting pretty annoying to say the least. I am not tripping any error codes right now but here's what have done so far to try to get it back to starting on the first try. I did have the fuel pump, canister purge solenoid, canister vent valve, fuel pressure control module, and new fuel filter replaced. I have also blown the lines clean in the vent hose. Thoughts?

I took it in to get looked at when it first started doing this. When turning on the key it was only getting about 28lbs of fuel pressure and the pressure only held for about 3 seconds. Also had a P1450 error code. Started troubleshooting from the fuel pump issue.

Last edited by RedNak71; 10-13-2015 at 08:45 AM. Reason: More info
Old 10-12-2015, 07:42 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
I think you've wasted a lot of money guessing....

Why do you believe it's "fuel related"? Nothing in your post indicates any troubleshooting that would specifically point in that direction.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
I think you've wasted a lot of money guessing....

Why do you believe it's "fuel related"? Nothing in your post indicates any troubleshooting that would specifically point in that direction.

I guess some back story would help. Added some info to OP.

Quick Reply: Fuel Related Starting Issue