Hesitation at low speed acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hesitation at low speed acceleration

I posted this in the section on my year model truck. Had 157 views and no replies so I thought I would put it here to see if anyone can help.

Delta Pressure Upstream Test and Threshold:
Hi guys. Was hoping someone had some experience with this issue. I don't have any codes on my 06' XLT 4.6. However, I have some hesitation at low speed and takeoff that has been going on for about 6 months now. I had a friend run a scan on my truck and the test says that my engine is running out of specification on the Delta Pressure Test (see title). My mechanic friend suggested that it could be the egr and that I shoudl take it off and clean it. Not exactly sure how to do that, I checked google and read some things about the dpfe sensor being a possible culprit. I was just hoping someone had experienced similar issues and could point me in the right direction before I start ripping my truck apart. Thanks.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The EGR port near the throttle body is prone to getting clogged with carbon, but hesitation would normally indicate the EGR is stuck open. But, might as well start somewhere.

Remove the upper intake, disassemble, and clean it with a pick and lots of throttle body cleaner. If it is clogged, you may not even see where the port is from the inside. There are probably some write-ups on this. The 4.6L intakes used for 97-06 trucks are prone to this. Could be other things, but I would start there.

Also make sure the hoses that connect to the DPFE sensor are intact and there are is no visible melting of the sensor. If there is, that's usually from a clogged catalytic converter.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:34 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
The EGR on the 06 4.6 is not like the older ones - the EGR valve and DPFE are a unitized assembly.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the replies!!! I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: Hesitation at low speed acceleration