Bigger injectors?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 05:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigger injectors?????

2013 f150 5.0L, off road x pipe, cold air, boss intake, Throttle body spacer, MPT custom tune 91 street on an SCT X4,..... got big tires need bigger power for less money than a supercharger.... I have other things to buy like guns

2 questions
Are bigger injectors (34 lb) worth it... ie; does someone have the dyno results to prove it.

And are you better to go with an EV6 or the EV14 and adaptor harness?

Obviously I would retune with MPT after but I want to know if there is much for gains

Thanks in advance

Old 08-03-2015, 06:05 AM
I would be putting a high flow rail on with them as well....

Old 08-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have bigger tires, about all you can do is regear.

Bigger injectors are useless without a MAF that can pair with them and you've still got an engine that still has the same amount of air going into it that won't accommodate bigger injectors.

tl;dr -> Without getting into engine internals, your mod list is nothing but great looking paperweights.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yep start with gears. All that stuff you've done is worthless. Long tube headers can give a little HP but other bolt on mods have all been dyno proven to do nothing. Injectors would be more wasting cash..

Old 08-03-2015, 05:17 PM
That's what I need to know, I know I felt power gains with the tune, I know that fuel needs air but I wasn't sure if the stock injectors have a lower flow rate than what the engine air system can handle.... I am not going with a 60# or anything crazy... Just was wondering if going a step up would give me anything or if I am just wasting fuel... I know my cold air is pretty much useless as far as hp gains and I just love the sound of my exhaust.... When it comes to building big diesels I have that down but this gas engine thing is a little different.... This question is probably on a different thread but what's the options for regear while keeping my electronic locker????

Old 08-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Reignheavytruck
That's what I need to know, I know I felt power gains with the tune, I know that fuel needs air but I wasn't sure if the stock injectors have a lower flow rate than what the engine air system can handle.... I am not going with a 60# or anything crazy... Just was wondering if going a step up would give me anything or if I am just wasting fuel... I know my cold air is pretty much useless as far as hp gains and I just love the sound of my exhaust.... When it comes to building big diesels I have that down but this gas engine thing is a little different.... This question is probably on a different thread but what's the options for regear while keeping my electronic locker????
You should just be able to get new gears with the same diferential. Find the gear place in your area and talk to them about it. New front and rear gears are gonna run you a couple of grand installed. The tuner should let you adjust the speedometer and all..

Old 08-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Yeah the guys at Pacific gear can get me ring an pinion sets I can do the work easily, unfortunately I live in Canada where our dollar is crap and those parts are over $3500.... So forget that idea... Man I miss my diesel

Spend way more $ to get so little power out of gas engine

Quick Reply: Bigger injectors?????