08 f150 blowing fuel pump fuses

Old 06-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 f150 blowing fuel pump fuses

Hello. New to the forum.

I have an 08 150 4.6l. It is my every day driver. This morning i went to start it, and it would turn over but not start. I havent started it in a week do to being out of town. It was running fine last time i drove it.

I could not hear the fuel pump turning on so i checked the fuse, it was blown. I replaced it and it immediately blew again.

I did a search here, and read about the fuel pump module above the spare tire going bad. I removed it, it has some minor corrosion, it has not gone all the way through the casing. The connections are all intact, no corrosion on the pins.

I replaced the fuse again with the module disconnected and it still blew.

What should my next course of action be? Start chasing down a short??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 06-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Assuming you're referring to fuse F9 in the CJB, in addition to the FPDM feed via the inertia switch, it also feeds the fuel injectors and serves as an input to the PCM for fuel pump circuit monitoring.

What should my next course of action be? Start chasing down a short??
Did it rain extensively while you were gone? Water may have leaked into a critical junction or connector.

Do you live in an area where mice are commonly known to infest (and chew around on) vehicles?

Old 06-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, that is the fuse that is blowing.

Yes, we had about 6 inches of rain with in a couple of days. That was several days ago.

No mice problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 08 f150 blowing fuel pump fuses