5.4L tp sensor? truck dies

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4L tp sensor? truck dies

hi y'all. im new here...trying to figure out something on 06 expedition. last year had one bank of plugs replaced and ran good til i erroneously thought i could replace the other four (1,2,3,&4). at this time i learned what a mess i was in but had more time than money so i forged on; had to buy an extractor and so on. finally got everything back on and it wasnt running right... kinda missing and sputtering. so i bought a code reader a mechanic recommended and got codes p303 and p0420...replaced third plug; then replaced third cop and still running rough. dug a little deeper and purchased sensors for 'maf', tp, egr(does this model even have one??), and crank sensor. after replacing the tp sensor, trying the crank sensor(wrong part), and not finding the egr, i tried to start before plugging in the maf as it was the most expensive. the engine fires then dies. long story short... the engine fires then dies! does anyone have input/ideas? new codes are p-016f, 2104, 2106,2111

Old 06-03-2015, 04:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
What brand of plugs did you use? Did you replace the boots? They frequently crack if they have lots of miles on them.

Old 06-03-2015, 05:53 PM
i used autolite revolutions from napa, the only parts store we have here. idk what a 'boot' is. mileage is at 110k

Old 06-03-2015, 06:34 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Autolites are the wrong plugs, you should be using Motorcraft SP-515. Antiseize on the ground shanks, dielectric grease in the boots. The boots are part of the coils and should be replaced when you change the plugs.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:13 PM
i will look into what youre saying but the plug change was done and coding different then... now wont run and codes are different. i drove it after the plugs were changed and it ran just rough. i started on the sensors after, trying to eliminate the miss...now wont run at all

Quick Reply: 5.4L tp sensor? truck dies