The dreaded P0012 CEL

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dreaded P0012 CEL

Hi all. Been lurking around for a few weeks trying to come up with a solution. Got a 2006 with 88k miles on her.

I know the code has been discussed numerous times but maybe someone can help me figure it out.

The code first came on about 50 miles after an oil change. Not sure if could possibly be related. The only symptom I can feel is that there is a lag in acceleration from a complete stop. More of a struggle if going up hill or A/C is on but once she's moving its fine. I don't have any rough idle and no stalling out.

I've changed the sensor for starters and code came back on. I changed the solenoid associated with the bank and the first 40 miles I had my power and acceleration back but then the code came back on and back to sluggish accelerations. Today I swapped the solenoids to see if the code would change hoping it was a defective solenoid but the p0012 code came back on after 3 cycles.

So now I am back to the drawing board and would appreciate any help. Thanks In advance. Any help would be great!!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this could be an oil flow problem if the original valve was plugged with debris. If there was a build up of oil or anything of that nature, I would really recommend taking the new unit off to verify that this is all clean at this point. There is a chance that this could also be caused by a faulty camshaft positioning actuator on the camshaft itself. If this is binding in any manner, it would allow for the cam to be stuck in a retard position.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/204st...#ixzz3Y90UWzcV

Old 05-01-2015, 10:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my brother had the same problem with his. replaced the solenoid and everything. what he did was drain the oil, refill it with 5 quarts of 5w-20 and 2 quarts of marvel mystery oil. ran it for 100 miles. drained the oil and replaced the filter. and filled it back up with the regular 7 quarts of 5w-20. went away and hasn't been back since. that was about a year ago

Quick Reply: The dreaded P0012 CEL