02 Screw v8 starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Screw v8 starting problems

I don't even know where to start yesterday my screw decided that it's not going to start on the first try I don't know why but it takes me about 10+ tries to start her and when she starts other than a small misfire starting to develop at idle she runs fine doesn't stall or shut off when driving but soon as you shut her off she doesn't want to start again came out this morning and cleaned the air filter out and she started first try TWICE ran fine but as soon as I want to go fishing she doesn't want to start on the first try it took me 3 tries and she started hooked up the boat turned her off for a second to get the rods and bait and bam doesn't want to start idk what to do engine oil is fine engine isn't over heating no weird smells or plumes of smoke out the tailpipe but I can't figure out why she won't start and like I said it just came out of nowhere

Old 04-11-2015, 03:11 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
To rule out a sticky IAC, try starting it with the pedal pressed down slightly. To rule out leaky fuel injectors, try starting it with the pedal floored. Change the fuel filter, it should be replaced every 30k.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:03 PM
The truck has 267,710 miles on it I forgot to say but it seems like it fixed it self she started 7 times in a row but I don't want this issue to come back I'm missin out on fishin

Old 04-11-2015, 05:40 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
So change the fuel filter and if it happens again, try part way down, then floored if it still doesn't start.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:58 AM
She doesn't like going Fishing!Here is a Dumb question, is it when you are hooking up a trailer to the truck that this happens or anytime? Fuel pump relay, crank sensor. Have to see if its fuel or ignition related. Try giving her a shot of starting fluid next time it happens to see if its fuel problem.

Quick Reply: 02 Screw v8 starting problems