Hellllp!

Old 03-29-2015, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hellllp!

So I did my plugs last weekend...all was good this past week...drove 800 miles and I thought I was safe...

This morning I started it up and drove off...made it about a mile...truck started missing...real bad...ended up stuck, and had to have it towed...

Its showing multiple random misfires, and misfires on cylinders 5,7&8...waiting for 6 to show up to the party...

I instantly thought coils, so I pulled the coils on those cylinders and put the OEM's I had sittin the garage...no help...so I went to O'reilleys and got 3 new coils...installed those...no help...pulled the plugs, and cleaned them up...no help, got 3 new plugs with 3 new coils...no change...yes I did use di-electric grease on coils...

I'm at a loss...injectors next? Any help is appreciated!

Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 PM
So I see a bunch of people have looked...

Had truck towed to the dealer yesterday....just heard from them...apparently both cam phasers have stuck...causing the timing to overadvance...he said its stuck at 50 deg...

Have to kinda laugh...I was talking to the mechanic, and he said even with this problem I have a very quiet 3V...the silver lining to the story?

They are not sure about the guides and tensioners?

Old 03-31-2015, 07:17 PM
And I guess cylinder #6 finally showed up to the party...

Old 04-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pull the VCT solenoids and inspect the oil inlet screens carefully. You will destroy the $13 seals and you will need a long star driver (not a bit and socket, you take the chance of dropping it in the engine). The screens disintegrate and jam the solenoid, preventing the computer from controlling the camshaft position (it has 60* of computer controlled adjustment) and causes bad misfires.

Old 04-09-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah, had both cam phasers and solenoids installed...it runs like it before the problem...I may have lost a little mpg's...cant figure that one out...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hellllp!