5.4 misfire. Flashing check engine light? Please help

Old 03-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 misfire. Flashing check engine light? Please help

So a couple weeks ago my truck started jerking between 35-55mph at first I thought this was a transmission issue. After it finally threw a code I later found out this was a misfire in cylinder 2. I replaced the plug and coil pack without breaking the plug and it still acts as if it has a misfire... Lack of power, runs a little rough? Does anyone have any suggestions or could you give me any kind of help to what may be my problems. Please.. Open to any suggestions

Old 03-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what was the exact code number? What year is your truck? No 5.4 had coil "packs" individual coils on each plug "pack" implies multiple.. What parts did you use? OEM motor craft or inferior?

Old 03-03-2015, 02:44 AM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
How many miles on the rest of the plugs and coils?

Old 03-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the same issue. Flashing engine light and misfire codes. Mine is caused by the variable timing being "stretched" or something like that. Couldn't get the timing right in the truck before all this. Then ford came out with a magical CPU update and poof. No more timing and misfire issues. But, after I pulled a 20' decontamination trailer I got the flashing engine light and misfire codes. I'm upgrading my timing setup with the parts Ford came out with to correct the stock setup. Supposedly that will permanently correct my issue. We will see. Hope yours isn't that. It's not a cheap repair. Having your CPU flashed with the latest update may solve your problem. My truck was just to far gone for it fix.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:09 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
You don't even know what year his truck is, it might be as old as a 97 or it might be much newer.

Suggesting something specific without any of the pertinent details as to whether it applies or not usually isn't a good idea.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.4 misfire. Flashing check engine light? Please help