2005 Navigator 5.4L P0356 Running Rough

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Navigator 5.4L P0356 Running Rough

Hi there.

I recently purchased this vehicle and it had an engine tick but ran smooth. I replaced the spark plugs and found the rear plugs were loose, and now the tick is gone which is awesome.. but.. I fear I have set gremlins loose.

The truck started misfiring and shuddering badly after I replaced the plugs and reinstalled the COPs...

I ordered new COPs from summit and installed them, and it STILL had the misfire.

I ordered another new set made from a different manufacturer and S T I L L have the misfire.

I checked the codes with my reader throughout the whole process and it seems to keep saying the same as P0356 but sometimes moves around.. I switched the "F" plug and COP with another set and it still is misfiring.

I am dumbfounded by it, and honestly pissed off past my breaking point.

I read somewhere that the ignition wires may brush up against the accumulator on the AC system, but I cannot find the accumulator or any damaged wires...

PLEASE tell me someone else has had this issue and knows how to fix it!!!

Regards,
Hands bloodied, ED

Old 08-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Little more info:

Used SP515 motorcraft plugs. (all previous plugs came out no problem)

Used the dieelectric grease

checked, rechecked, then rechecked my already checked plugs, screws, bolts, everything that could cause a problem (that i know of) including frayed or pulled wires...

Old 08-11-2014, 07:54 PM
ttt

Quick Reply: 2005 Navigator 5.4L P0356 Running Rough