P1206, P1207, P0305- that was scary!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P1206, P1207, P0305- that was scary!

Was really runnin' her hard this weekend on a trip home from the mountains, thought I cooked my motor.

As I was pushing to make it up one last mountain pass, I dropped the pedal and gunned it on the downhill stretch leading to the pass and pushed on 90 mph...maybe 95. I felt a hesitation in the motor, but by then I was leveling and beginning to ascend. About 3/4 the way up, the motor started ticking loud and fast and lost a ton of power. I backed off in a sudden sweat, pulled into the e-lane and set my flashers- I just knew I blew it up.

Rolled over the hill, babied it into a safe area and popped the hood- check engine light was flashing of course. To my initial surprise, there was no smells, no instance of overheating, nothing. I stepped out and listened to the motor...sounded completely normal. I decided to shut it down and read the codes real quick:

P1206- Injector circuit open/shorted – cylinder #6
P1207- Cyl.7-Fuel Inj.Circ. Electrical Malfunction
P0305- cylinder 5 misfire

After a few minutes, I cleared the codes and fired it right back up and she ran as normal. Like nothing ever happened. My initial thought was that it was reacting to being "driven like it was stolen" and went into protect mode. Never had this happen before, so now I wonder if I might have a problem down the road. It has new cops and plugs also.

Today...no issues. I am also beginning to wonder if I have plugged cat(s) as well and this might have some correlation...it does seem a tad sluggish lately...I'll get that done anyway.

But wow, what a scare.

Thoughts?

Quick Reply: P1206, P1207, P0305- that was scary!