Intake manifold brake booster hose

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake manifold brake booster hose

HELP:
Can someone please tell where this hose is on a 6.4-3 Eng. Please I know its on the intake manifold, but, foe the life of me, I can't find a picture of it going to the intake in any book only thing they show is the connection to the booster.Again Please can somebody point it out. What I want to know is what and how the hose connects to the intake.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:41 PM
That hose is a bugger to change!
I had mine blow off while I was driving and lost my brakes at 100 kph
Mine was covered on a recall so I would check it out and save yourself a headache!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Thank's for the heads up on the recall, I've an 09 so I'll be sure to check that out. They sure made a mystery of this system even changed the name from vacuum to EVAP. Again thanks for the heads up.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:41 AM
No problem man,
I can tell you it is a real eye opener when your hauling *** and you have no brakes when a tractor pulling a wagon decides to pull in front of you! I think it should be covered! Def worth looking into!
Good luck!
Let me know how you make out

Old 07-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Shineman: Was at the dealer for regular ol change and ask about the recall and was told nothing on my 09 and no help on trying to show the point of manifold hook up as you said it's hidden at the rear of the Eng. I was hoping He would be able to show me a place to tap the system but no luck. There's a port on the hose going the the booster and he said use that however am not to hep on messing with anyting to due with the brakes and posibity getting in a mess as you did. Again thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Intake manifold brake booster hose