Need to rent Time-Sert kit

Old 05-27-2014, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need to rent Time-Sert kit

Newbie, first post here. I'm in desperate need of a spark plug thread tool. I found a site that will rent one for $25 (vwparts.aircooled.net) but they can't get it to me overnight. I'm hoping there is someone on here that is close to Indiana that has one they don't need. Either to buy or rent. It's for a 2004 4.6 L. Spark plug blow-out. It's my daily driver.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by davehall
Newbie, first post here. I'm in desperate need of a spark plug thread tool. I found a site that will rent one for $25 (vwparts.aircooled.net) but they can't get it to me overnight. I'm hoping there is someone on here that is close to Indiana that has one they don't need. Either to buy or rent. It's for a 2004 4.6 L. Spark plug blow-out. It's my daily driver.

Thanks in advance.
PM member Galaxy.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem solved. Found a Helicoil kit at local O'rielly's. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it was suprisingly quick and easy, and I couldn't wait for a Time-sert.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:25 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Helicoils will not hold. I would do it right very soon.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's OK...luckily the kit "that guy" rents on here will fix a hole that was previously repaired by a heli-coil...LOL

Heli-coils have actually improved "that guys" business because folks think they're saving time and money by going with the heil-coil but in the end, they still come. Bad part is, even though the kit will fix a heli-coiled hole, said customer is still left with the chore of figuring out how to get the heli-coil threads out of the spark plug hole before you begin the TimeSert repair...that alone is not always as easy as you may think...just something to keep in mind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to rent Time-Sert kit