What's a "derivative valve?"

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's a "derivative valve?"

I finally had to take my 1995 to the shop. Failed smog and idling rough (high HC). So lots of things that I don't have the tools or time to take care of. Lots of fixing and still didn't pass but they are getting close. They need to replace the catalytic converter and some things were just burnt out. Apparently high HC could be a lot of things and just bad for a lot of parts. Anyway, he said there's one part he's waiting for but go the others. He said it as an obsolete part that's why he's having problems looking for it. He said it was a "DERIVATIVE VALVE". Googling doesn't find anything or what it is. But he said he's worked on a lot of older cars and he has resources to find that part.

Maybe some mechanics our there have different names for this? Maybe there's a more technical name for it?

Old 04-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Could it be a diverter valve by chance?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Ohhh, could be! I was on my phone and I could've swear he said "derivative". But I just googled that valve and found it. He said that part was obsolete and hard to find. That part looks like it could be part of EGS?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:29 PM
I think you are correct. I just did a search and another forum came up and had same info "obsolete according the dealers" for 1995 Ford F150

http://www.fordf150.net/forums/viewt...?f=81&t=103941

Quick Reply: What's a "derivative valve?"