injector o rings

Old 03-12-2014, 02:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
injector o rings

Redoing my intake gaskets this weekend with oem gaskets. I was looking through my fel pro gasket box i had from the first time i did the intake gaskets. I have two different sets of injector o rings. One set is black and one set is orange. The box does not tell me what the difference is. There are 8 black and 8 orange o rings. Can some one help me with what the difference is between the two? They look identical in size and Im not sure what goes where. Other than the fact they are injector o rings

Old 03-12-2014, 08:09 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
use one for the top, and one for the bottom

Old 03-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Injector O rings can be different colors from green, black, orange, blue even different colors on the same injector. However if you are not sure they are the correct O rings for your application then just go purchase some new ones. They are about a buck apiece,so for around $15 you can get a complete set. The wrong size can leak fuel and cause a fire so just be safe. Besides if they have been laying around they may have been damaged or started to deteriorate.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 16 injector o rings. 8 orange and 8 black, but the only thing the box says is one set is made in Switzerland and one is made in china, but doesn't state which is which.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Like I said above if you are not sure if they are the correct O rings then buy new ones. I'm not going to tell you to try them or use them and have you burn up your truck or yourself. These are not something you want to experiment with...Sometimes its better to spend a couple bucks and be safe rather than sorry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: injector o rings