Next project, fixing this enging "knocking" or "rattling"

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next project, fixing this enging "knocking" or "rattling"

I've had this '95 F150 work truck, the kind with tool panels on the side like AAA truck has, for 2 years now. Most of the times it runs great but nervous when I have to drive uphills and some flats.
When I step on the gas sometimes, it will stutter or knock or rattling as if its not getting gas. 2 years ago, I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the culprit. It helped a lot actually. But every once in a while, when I step on the gas it feels like the engine will come off on its bolts!! I ease off the gas, and then start accelerating again and its fine.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ericantonio
I've had this '95 F150 work truck, the kind with tool panels on the side like AAA truck has, for 2 years now. Most of the times it runs great but nervous when I have to drive uphills and some flats.
When I step on the gas sometimes, it will stutter or knock or rattling as if its not getting gas. 2 years ago, I replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the culprit. It helped a lot actually. But every once in a while, when I step on the gas it feels like the engine will come off on its bolts!! I ease off the gas, and then start accelerating again and its fine.
if it has been 2 years since you changed the fuel filter...I'd start there again. unless you only driving 2000 miles a year. Maybe a fresh set of spark plugs too.

get some fuel pressure readings...make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks.

What size engine? & how many miles on it?

Quick Reply: Next project, fixing this enging "knocking" or "rattling"