5.4 knocking after intake replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4 knocking after intake replacement

Earlier this week i had to remove and reinstall the intake of my 2005 5.4 FX4. Everything went sort of ok, especially considering that this is the first time that i do this job ever.

I finished yesterday and tested the truck, everything is working just fine, however today i noticed twice that when i am going up a hill and press on the gas pedal, the engine start to knock. This was definetly not happening before.

In no way i am an expert on this. Been reading some today about engine knock causes but nothing seems to fit what is happening on my truck.

Any suggestions on what could i check?

When i removed the intake i also de-installed fuel rail and cleaned the injectors, maybe i screwed something?

I remember disconnecting the knock sensors in the process and i am 100% sure that i connected both back, but, maybe something got loose?

Any advice is appreciated

thanks

Old 03-07-2014, 02:33 PM
Start by rechecking everything. Make sure everything is hooked and plugged in all the way. Look for any leaks and what not

Old 03-09-2014, 02:10 PM
well, yesterday i changed from 87 to 91 when i filled the truck up and also removed the power programming of my edge.

No knocking so far, on the next tank i will switch back to 87 to see if knocking comes back as well

Quick Reply: 5.4 knocking after intake replacement