Trucks throwing a couple of codes.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trucks throwing a couple of codes.

Hey all, I haven't been here too much but I've had the truck (06 F150 4.6l) for almost a year, third owner (was a work truck, then personal and now me). It has just under 175k on it and has gotten oil/filter every 3k and at 160k I put new filters throughout as well as plugs and cops. The codes are P0108 and P0406. I looked them both up and have done a bit of reading before I remembered that I have such a great resource here as well. I would love to get the truck back up and running because I use it every day and so I love it but don't want to turn it over to a costly mechanic, I am very mechanically inclined with motorcycles, bikes and most other things but I'm still applying it to a truck . Thanks for any and all help.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:22 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
P0108 doesn't make sense, that's a MAP code and you don't have a MAP sensor. P0406 is an EGR issue - the EGR valve or DPFE (and their associated vacuum and electrical circuits). I'd figure out what's wrong in the EGR and fix it, the other code may go away.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks glc, your help has always helped, that's pretty awesome that I got a code that I can't... I'll clear the codes and see if that one comes back. As far as the P0406 I'll try and get that sorted in the morning.

Quick Reply: Trucks throwing a couple of codes.