Converter, really?

Old 12-12-2013, 11:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Converter, really?

so I have been one struck by the cold weather rough idle and unsuccessfully trying all the usual fixes. A new shop I went to said it was my converters causing it (well the fact that there are gone). They said the lack of back pressure was making the system run lean beyond what the computer can adjust.

I'm still not sure why it only does it in cold weather if this is it. But at 1,000 to replace I would like to know if that is really the issue.

Anyone out there find that replacing missing converters fixed cold weather rough idle issues?

Old 12-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dburgjohn
so I have been one struck by the cold weather rough idle and unsuccessfully trying all the usual fixes. A new shop I went to said it was my converters causing it (well the fact that there are gone). They said the lack of back pressure was making the system run lean beyond what the computer can adjust.

I'm still not sure why it only does it in cold weather if this is it. But at 1,000 to replace I would like to know if that is really the issue.

Anyone out there find that replacing missing converters fixed cold weather rough idle issues?
Find another shop. That's malarky. He's taking you for a ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Converter, really?