Cam phaser lockout?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cam phaser lockout?

I recently read an article from another Ford site about tapping and clicking and all sorts of noise coming from the 5.4L engines and the story on the Cam Phaser lockout was very interesting. Does anyone have any experience on this? If so what was the outcome? Was it worth it and approximately what was the investment?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
From what I read on them, yes it was quiet but mpg and power were down. He still said he wouldn't go another way though. I'd rather just replace them and use the proper oil.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue oval Andy was the guy that posted the article. He stated his engine was quiet and ran smoother after the modification. I have a tapping on the passenger side of the engine now and it sounds like a lifter but it does not do it all the time. I use 5w20 Mobile 1 fully synthetic so I know that much is right. I have checked and it is not an exhaust leak, and I've been told everything from the engine is bad to change the oil and everything in between. I have absolutely no confidence in the local Ford dealerships service departments after my last visit there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cam phaser lockout?