Wrench and Engine light still on

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Wrench and Engine light still on

Need some help folks:

Two days ago my wrench and check engine light went on when i start the truck going home from work. It is stalling and seems to not have enough power. I disconnect the battery for 15 min and the engine light went off but came back up after few minutes. I decide to head home in limp mode (engine and wrench light both on.

Today i cleaned the TB which is very dirty with TB cleaner, changed the MAF sensor also since i broke the tab trying to pull it out for cleaning since the connector keep slipping out from MAF. Put it back together and both lights are gone but it came back when i start the truck again. Disconnect everything again for another cleaning (CRC electronic cleaner and MAF sensor cleaner) put them back again and fire it up...still both lights are on.

Off to store to buy a new TPS sensor, put it on...still have the same problem.
It takes me all day disassembling and putting them back together and running back and forth to auto parts and still having the same problem.

Do i need a new throttle body or just take it to the dealer which i'm trying to avoid since they quoted me $356 for a new one, that's why i'm trying to fix it myself.

Right now i'm down $129 MAF sensor. $86 TPS sensor, and all day trying to fix the truck.

I'm getting really dissapointed and running out of choice but to take it to dealership. Did someone ran into this kind of problem. I have 05 scab which has and issue and history of limp mode and wrench light for years now and i think it finally gave up.

Any advise on what are the next step to fix this will greatly appreciated. PCM reflash maybe since i have EDGE.

Thanks

Last edited by radz; 06-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 AM
Can you find out what codes its throwing? That will narrow down your expense and time greatly.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:03 AM
It's still throwing the same 2 code P060C and P2106.

Thanks

Old 06-24-2012, 04:02 AM
Did you try loading the stock tune back on after cleaning everything?

Old 06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes i did and the lights are still on.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If it's doing it with the Stock calibration ( always the First thing you check if yer running a tune, btw), then it's Not an Edge problem. Also - this may be better served if it were in the V8 engines forum... just sayin'.

You may need a reflash, and/or a new TB.

Time to bite the bullet - take it to a dealer - yer wasting yer time & money throwing parts at it.

Last edited by MGDfan; 06-24-2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Update:

Truck is working fine and back to normal now. I put a new OEM throttle body and both light are still on. Run to dealer in limp mode (truck stop for like 4 times) on the way to dealer. Have it reprogram for $102 and the lights went out (problem solve).

My Question is:

If i put my Edge Evo back, will it mess up my PCM again and give me the same problem in the future?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Wrench and Engine light still on