just finished my first 1000 miles with AutoRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:54 AM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Kerosene or ATF is not safe, it can clean TOO quickly, breaking the crap off in chunks, and block passages. AutoRX uses esters.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok.

Its still what I would have done. Done it several times in the past and never had a problem.

Use at your own risk?

Old 05-24-2012, 03:43 PM
glc
In the past it may have been fine (I've used ATF myself), but with the VCT system in the 3V, you gotta be real careful what you use.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:32 PM
It can't be any worse than the jelly that currently has the motor all gummed up. The VCT was not designed to work under those conditions either.

In response to your earlier comment about it blocking passages...
Kero/Diesel will theoretically dissolve those chunks. The only passages you would worry about would be the drain back holes but those are usually a decent size and I personally would not worry about them. Everything pressurized is done so with filtered oil therefore your chunks should end up in the filter prior to making it to the passages. - that is unless your filter is clogged and the oil is flowing around the filter through the bypass.

That said, even though it is a shade tree solution (as is Auto-RX) there is a right and a wrong way to do it. Fresh oil and a fresh filter IMO is a must. I would not try dumping kero in at the end of an OCI where the oil is tired and the filter is full.

I have done it to at least a half dozen motors in the past including VVT & Turbocharged engines... I have not once had a problem. As I said earlier, I would be willing to risk it, but that is just me. It's a risk that the owner of the vehicle assumes.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Suspended
Total Posts: 84

Joined 2009-04-24

In a lucky search, I happened to find Gary’s obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pot...&pid=150194522

Here is the full text of the obituary, since it may not reside on their website forever:

Gary Allan Sr. | Visit Guest Book

Gary L. Allan Sr., husband of Joyce C. (Kendig) Allan, of Pottstown, died Friday, April 8, 2011 in his home. Born in Attleboro, Mass., he was the son of the late George and Bernice (Haskel) Allan. He worked for the Crompton and Knowles Chemical Dye Company in Gibraltar, Pa. Mr. Allan also did consulting work for the Auto RX Company in Florida. He was a dealer for Amsoil in Pottstown. Mr. Allan was a volunteer for the Main Street Ministries in Pottstown for many years. He wrote several articles on the editorial page and was a guest columnist for the Pottstown Mercury. He was a devoted father and grandfather.

It seems Gary Allan did consulting work for auto-rx, which means he was either compensated with free product or he was paid with money for his services. Many companies obviuosly have consultants that work for them, but it seems that between 2005 up until 2011 Mr. Allan was posting favorably for auto-rx on other message boards, he never disclosed that he was a PAID POSTER FOR AUTO-Rx. What is even more bizzare is that Mr. Allan was a regular user of Marvel Mystery Oil, yet he tended to play this down in his posts. It seems that auto-rx needed PAID POSTERS for its product and it is a fact that this product is SNAKE OIL, you can tell when a product is snake oil because it needs to be hyped up and the owner of the snake oil needs to use PAID POSTERS.

It seems that auto-rx started out on a board called Bitog back in 2002, the original owner of the board was a man named Bob Winters, he is BOBISTHEOILGUY, and auto-rx was a sponsor on Bitog, and we know that sponsors pay the bills, Mr. Winters tested auto-rx and he told me that it did not work as advertised, if a product does not work as advertised then it is snake oil. Eventually Bob Winters sold his board to a man named Tony Riek, this man was a Paid Poster For Auto-Rx and he protected auto-rx at all costs, he would Lock and Delete Threads that showed auto-rx in a bad light. Unfortunately for auto-rx, Tony Riek passed away, his wife Helen Riek took over the ownership of Bitog, but unfortunately she did not protect auto-rx like her husband did. In time she was flooded with e-mails and PM’s on Bitog from members who were upset with Frank Miller, who was the owner of auto-rx, she had no choice but to terminate auto-rx as a sponsor on Bitog. Of course auto-rx still had Paid Posters like Gary Allan who defended the product. The other Paid Posters did not have Gary Allan’s credibility on Bitog, and what is ironic is that Gary Allan once posted that auto-rx had serious limitations. It seems Mr. Allan only used auto-rx onetime in one of his vehicles. I have no problem with Gary Allan being a consultant for auto-rx and getting paid for his services, what I do have a problem with is that he never divulged that he was a consultant for auto-rx. He did post a few times that he was involved with some experiments with auto-rx but he sure left out the truth about his association with auto-rx. I certainly think it would have been better if Mr. Allan’s obituary had not said anything about his association with auto-rx.

All of auto-rx’s tests are 3rd party tests, which means someone other than auto-rx tested the product, there are a few 3rd Party tests from auto-rx that are interesting, the 1st is the FLEET TAXI TEST, we cannot trust the results since auto-rx provided free product for this test. Dydon Analysis, which does Oil Analysis did two tests for auto-rx, here is the problem, Dyson Analysis is listed on the auto-rx website, and on the Dyson Oil Analysis website they have auto-rx on there, so this is a business agreement, and it is a fact that Dyson Analysis is no longer recommending auto-rx. There are also two tests from Blackstone Laboratories, basically Oil Analysis tests, these show us nothing, people use Oil Analysis to track Fuel and Coolant Dilution as well as signs for leaks coming from the air box which obviously holds the air filter. Auto-Rx also has two Emmisions Tests that really do not show us anything. There was also a Test and Photo Gallery from Aaron Bermudez, auto-rx did not have anything to do with this test, but what is ironic here is that when Aaron Bermudez went to purchase auto-rx he told the owner he was going to run some tests, so you know what Frank Miller did, he CANCELED HIS ORDER OF AUTO-Rx, Mr. Bermudez had to get someone else to buy auto-rx for him, this man ran his tests and even put the results on his own webpage. It gets real interesting here, eventually he shut down his website and then a few years later someone that worked for auto-rx called him up and asked for permission to use his photos on there website. I can tell you why the owner of auto-rx refused to sell his product to Aaron when he realized he was going to run a test, he knew that he could not control the results of Aaron’s test. A Snake Oil Salesman is only going to run tests that he can control.

There is another test on the auto-rx website where a man named Dnewton, he goes by Dnewton3 on Bitog, he is a Moderator on that board, he did a test of auto-rx where it showed the product raised his compression in a few of his cylinders. The problem here is that Gary Allan met with Dnewton a few yesrs ago, and what is interesting is that Gary Allan was the one that approached Dnewton in using auto-rx. Basically Dnewton stated that he was running a test with Gary Allan and Frank Miller’s help. He was given free product to run his tests. To this day Dnewton3 is still pushing auto-rx on Bitog, its quite obvious that Dnewton3 is a PAID POSTER FOR AUTO-Rx.

The truth is now finally out that Gary Allan was a PAID POSTER FOR AUTO-Rx, I have never heard of a Consultant who worked for FREE.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:35 PM
There's something fishy about you

Old 08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems like a guy who has it in for auto RX for sure. Posts under the name Gary Allen same as the obituary he links. Very odd. Plus created a login just for this thread. If auto Rx is snake oil thats great I wanta know about that so I dont waste more money on it. Dont wanta get mislead by a person with a vendetta..

Old 08-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Suspended
Berryman's B-12?
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl You should try another application of Auto-Rx by your post you "saw" some difference. Go to web site and find engine like your's and read what particular application is suggested. Auto-Rx is
now in Goverment Vehicles & Small Diesel Engines.
That's a demanding customer.

Frank Miller made this post on 12/21/02
Its post# 261957

Quantifying Auto Rx [Re: Gary Allan]
Frank

Loc: Jacksonville Beach Fl I am sorry you were put off by actual fact (getting a patent in the USA for specific applications needs third party collaboration) Spitty you never spent a dime with Auto-Rx so where and how you got product i don,t know what i do know is your hypotheticals are misrepresentation when you start posting your "quantifying" tests about a product not bought from the manufacture.

We just got our first order from the US Federal Goverment, do you know of any other metal cleaner product on this board that can make this statement?

When Auto-Rx pays for testing we have to furnish product, the lab does not borrow it or buy it from somebody else.

Frank Miller made this post on 3/13/08
Its post# 1105185

On 12/21/02 Frank Miller states that arx is now in Government Vehicles.
On 3/13/08 Frank Miller states that he just got his 1st order from the U.S. Federal Government.

I am actually Gary Allan Jr., Gary Allan Sr. was my father, I used the product and it did nothing for me, I just had to let the truth out about my father's association with auto-rx. As you can see from the above post, Frank Miller, the owner of auto-rx, is not an honest person.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:14 PM
I don't believe for one second that the kin of a man who spend a part of his life doing something, dishonest or not would take the time to post his disagreements about his fathers work.. for what...? You would have nothing to gain at all from it. I smell a rat.

Like jethat said, if there is source-full information about the negative results of a product, I am all for listening. But something isnt right here.

I'm guess you are either a person who used the product and something bad happened to you, maybe you didnt use it correctly.. or you are a competitor of some kind.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:18 PM
glc
I'll trust what Labnerd says, he's an oil engineer. He says it works and it's the only desludging treatment that's safe.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 PM
When autorx first came on bitog forum I won two bottles of it. Used one bottle, my findings were the valve rattle stopped and the oil filter was heavy when removed at 3k miles. Other than that I don't know to what extent it works.

Even though the above posts are spam-ish I will agree btog forum is shady as hell. They delete your posts if that aren't the image they want to broadcast. They are in it for the profit, not accurate info. They have always been like that. I just go there for the pics of the cut open oil filters, oil sample test results on mileage intervals, and the deals forum section.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Toyz
I don't believe for one second that the kin of a man who spend a part of his life doing something, dishonest or not would take the time to post his disagreements about his fathers work.. for what...? You would have nothing to gain at all from it. I smell a rat.

Like jethat said, if there is source-full information about the negative results of a product, I am all for listening. But something isnt right here.

I'm guess you are either a person who used the product and something bad happened to you, maybe you didnt use it correctly.. or you are a competitor of some kind.
My father spent about 6 years with auto-rx, he was not the only Paid Poster For Auto-Rx, he felt bad that his posts deceived people and they ended up using a worthless product. If auto-rx is such a good product then why did it need Paid Posters and why is it no longer a sponsor on Bitog. If you want to spend $27.00 for a bottle of auto-rx, go right ahead. In fact, why not join Bitog and ask if anyone is even using the product, you will probably only here from about 3 members, they are not using the product, but they will sure tell you that they are using it and its a great product. You have not seen me recommend any oil additives, and I will not do that here. Trajan, badtlc, and Donald are the only people recommending auto-rx on BITOG, there is also one other member, his name is dnewton3, but do not challenge him, since he is a Moderator.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I still don't believe you for one second
There are numerous youtube videos that show "Gary allen" who is at one point asking about the product and has no knowledge of the product and 2 days later posting comments about him being a paid poster for auto rx.

I dunno wth is going on here. I have found this exact thread posted on other sites on the same day, with the same pictures. Seems to be a lot of conspiracy revolving around all of this. Partly due to all the spam. Somebody sure has it out for auto rx...

Blah blah.

The real answer to all of this is don't let your engine get that built/sludged up.

Also, your join date of april is the same date that the so called gary allen sr was admitting he was a paid poster for auto rx

Last edited by Toyz; 08-07-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Dude, I'd probably have to stand in line to get to you but you are a major scumbag. The Gary Allan I knew did have a son by the same name and unless he started using drugs, he's not about to defame his dad.
Gary Allan did consulting work for auto-rx, which means he was either compensated with free product or he was paid with money
Pure speculation on yer part. You apparently didn't know Gary at all. If he thought a product was good, he'd tell you. If he thought it was crap, he'd tell you. He was a pretty ethical kinda guy and I doubt Frank has near enough money to make Gary endorse a product he didn't believe in.
The truth is now finally out that Gary Allan was a PAID POSTER FOR AUTO-Rx,
How about some check stubs, Skippy? Okay, how about shipping receipts showing no cost/charge on the invoice? Yeah, I know, you don't have any...kinda like the brains in yer head. Go troll somewhere else and leave a damn fine man rest in peace.
Since you CLAIM to be Garys son, this should be a REAL easy question for you. Just what will be the expected results from an FTIR test on Auto-Rx? The results are extremely predictable. Yer turn, Skippy.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 AM
And this guy is all over just about every oil/auto website, youtube.. you name it.

Quick Reply: just finished my first 1000 miles with AutoRX