5.0 vs. ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and if u do trade the 2004 in beagles ,let us know how much you get for it. I'm in a 2010 XLT with 38,000 miles they said they'd give me around 20K for it,trade in.

Hi there. It's actually an 06. I looked up the Kelly Blue Book and it books for 15500 if I sell it to an individual and around 12500 to a dealer. I asked the salesman and I also emailed them and they couldn't tell me what they would give me unless I actually went in and started to deal. I was short on time, so I couldn't that day. They have the best prices around, but they are pushy as hell, haha.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM
alright beagles,Im gona hit the dealership tomorrow and see if they're gona pull my leg ,or get me a good deal... goin with the 5.0 4x4 XLT SCREW. my payments now are 475$ ,so if I can get the MSRP from 40K down to 32-ish , and my payments are still 475 or less. Maybe in the market

Old 04-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I had a 2008 f150 xlt with only 38000 and they gave me 19000 for mine. so i would try to get more for your 2010. just helping you out.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:29 PM
yea they said 20. so u buy your 5.0 new, and what'd u pay man. how much are you financing?

Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I have a 2011 FX4 with 5.0 and a bulldy dog tripple dog on it and I think its the best motor out besides the 6.2

Old 04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
FYI A buddy I worked with at Ford called me yesterday and said Ford has made the decision to offer the Ecoboost engine in the F250. Not sure the time frame but something to consider maybe.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DYNOTECH
FYI A buddy I worked with at Ford called me yesterday and said Ford has made the decision to offer the Ecoboost engine in the F250. Not sure the time frame but something to consider maybe.
Ford has absolutely no reason to offer the EB in the SD at this time. The SD is exempt from CAFE standards so the fuel mileage means nothing. The base motor in the SD is the 6.2L which has a similar output to the EB. The EB is more expensive to make than the 6.2L and will not fit into the SD without making a ton of changes to the engine bay. The steering on the SD is still hydrologic where on all other EB application it is electric. Either a new electric steering rack/system would need to be made for the SD or a completely new front end for the EB to support a P/S pump. So it would cost Ford a good chunk of money to design/test/certify the parts to put and EB under the hood of the SD. It would cost them more money to install the motor in every truck due to the production costs. But in return they would now have two motors with nearly similar outputs that boost fuel mileage which does not count. Why on earth would they do this???

Now, in the future when the CAFE standard does apply to medium duty trucks (SD) I would expect some version of the EB to be under the hood. Follow the money not conspiracy stories based on hearsay.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
Now, in the future when the CAFE standard does apply to medium duty trucks (SD) I would expect some version of the EB to be under the hood. Follow the money not conspiracy stories based on hearsay.
I'm pretty sure that's what he's referring to - the CAFE limit is going from 8500 GVW to 10000+ GVW VERY soon.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Wookie
Ford has absolutely no reason to offer the EB in the SD at this time. The SD is exempt from CAFE standards so the fuel mileage means nothing. The base motor in the SD is the 6.2L which has a similar output to the EB. The EB is more expensive to make than the 6.2L and will not fit into the SD without making a ton of changes to the engine bay. The steering on the SD is still hydrologic where on all other EB application it is electric. Either a new electric steering rack/system would need to be made for the SD or a completely new front end for the EB to support a P/S pump. So it would cost Ford a good chunk of money to design/test/certify the parts to put and EB under the hood of the SD. It would cost them more money to install the motor in every truck due to the production costs. But in return they would now have two motors with nearly similar outputs that boost fuel mileage which does not count. Why on earth would they do this???

Whatever, if you want to stay ahead of the competition then you make changes before the competition does. This comes right from a buddy of mine that I worked with in Ford engine division. But if you know more than the guys working on the project more power to ya. Follow the facts not the money.....By the way is it Wookie or Rookie

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 AM
ahaha u 2 fellas need to box it out! now wookie has a good point there, but you do gota stay ahead of the competition ,which the EB has done for 2 yrs now best in class towing and fuel economy for a full size pick up. motor trend truck of the year 2011 was a chevy 2500 HD with the duramax ..which is a diesel as we know ,so I can't see myself getting an EB in a super duty ,cuz if I was gona spend that dough I'd rather get the 6.7 power stroker.

brings me to my point here dynotech, Im looking at sacrificing the SCREW ,for a super cab super duty 2012 6.2L 4x4 XL . MSRP is 36,000 ,I'd be paying 29000 financing. The FX4 5 and ecoboost fx4 were just outa my price range. Got them to drop it from 44 to 36, still couldn't afford it.

Old 04-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DYNOTECH
FYI A buddy I worked with at Ford called me yesterday and said Ford has made the decision not to offer the Ecoboost engine in the F250. Not sure the time frame but something to consider maybe.
CRAP, I misread your original post (see the bold area above) and thought you were spouting some nonsense about the EB sucking because it was not going to be used in the SD. It has been used on here quite a few times so I figured this was happening again. Which brings me to the end of my first post.

Now, in the future when the CAFE standard does apply to medium duty trucks (SD) I would expect some version of the EB to be under the hood.
I said that it will mostly come down to when the CAFE standards are applied which is rumored to be in the next few years. I still think it will be a few years before we see it.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:13 PM

CRAP, I misread your original post (see the bold area above) and thought you were spouting some nonsense about the EB sucking because it was not going to be used in the SD. It has been used on here quite a few times so I figured this was happening again. Which brings me to the end of my first post.

I said that it will mostly come down to when the CAFE standards are applied which is rumored to be in the next few years. I still think it will be a few years before we see it.
Not a problem, I am wearing my wifes reading glasses as I type this so I don't do the samething You may very well be right about the timeframe, that I don't know as I said above. However apparently the decision to go ahead with an EcoBoost in the 250 was recently determined by the company. Take care.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
bought the super duty today ,4x4 with the 6.2 2v. sticker was 37, payed 30K. Gave me 21K for the XLT .

Old 07-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will never get a V6 to sound like a V8. I would go with the 5.0, mostly for the sound you get with aftermarket exhaust... but that's just me...

Old 07-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Its so nice to see others have the same feeling about the V6. The EB is an awesome motor with great stats but its just not a V8 and that is the only reason that I wont consider it on my next truck. Right now though im thinking 6.2 is the way I'll go if the numbers line up and ever thing else works out Ill order a 2013.

Quick Reply: 5.0 vs. ecoboost