1998 F150 engine wireing/Vacuum line help

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 F150 engine wireing/Vacuum line help

I have bought a 98 f150 with the 4.6l and had to swap motors the problem was them motor that was in the truck had already had everything but the bolts removed meaning wires vacuum lines etc, (now that the motors is back in the truck kinda lost) and i cant seem to find anywhere that i can see a picture or a few pictures to help me figure out the routing i have found most of the plugs for wires and hose's for the vacuum but some i just cant figure out if i got in the right spot or not...also i guess im not sure where certain brackets are suppose to be mounted due to the fact it seems there in the way of other areas but hasn't helped me much

Basically was hoping someone had a few pictures of the engine compartment that i can look at to try and match up where the hoses and wires are suppose to be going. (only problem with pictures is i do need to see the throttle body if the black cover is on it, it blocks the majority of what i need to see

Old 02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Myabe someone has a pic of the engine bay but it wouldnt hurt to take some pics yourself of the exact wires or hoses you are talking about. Most of us would be able to immediately tell where they go.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Okay well i have figured more out since i posted but, i have the wire that goes to the AC there is 2 on that section of the harness the other is a yellow 2?? plug adapter cant find a spot for that and as for the other wire is on the harness that follows down to where the oil filter adapter wire plugs in (hope that made sense)

For the 3 other hoses now i cant find where they go......there the 2 hoses on the intake tube right up by the throttle body. I think one has to go to the right side valve cover (as your looking at the truck) into the intake, and it looks like the other one uses a square 90 degree box and connects right into the throttle body off the side???? or do i have this is the wrong spot..... and if i do where dose it belong

For the third and final hose the hose that is in the left valve cover (as looking at the motor) this hose connects to the back of the throttle body is this also correct???

Name:  IMG_20120211_194014.jpg
Views: 18860
Size:  112.8 KB

Last edited by 87thhunter; 02-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I see an open port from the egr tube that needs a hose on it. It is on the driverside down between the steering column and the engine. Actually there are two ports on the egr tube and two black hoses about 12 inchs long one larger diameter than the other that are connected to the DPFE at the opposite end. You need a vac line to the fuel rail regulator as well it may be connected I just can't see it. The harness that goes down to the oilfilter adapter is either for the powersteering pump or the oil pressure sender which is mounted on the filter adapter. There should/has to be a wire going to the HDR connection that is mounted in the rightside/passengerside of the frontcover behind the A/C compressor. From what I can see everything else looks right. Do you have a hose going to the PCV valve on the cam cover?

Last edited by DYNOTECH; 02-11-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the help, i really appreciate that i got the rest hooked up just waiting for my new fuel tank to come in and i should be all set

Quick Reply: 1998 F150 engine wireing/Vacuum line help