Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:21 AM

97 F150 4.6 no heat

I have a 97 F150 lariat with the 4.6 V8 and I have no heat, I checked the coolant levels and it wasn't drastically low, maybe 3/4in below the full line any ideas before I start tearing it apart replacing parts?

Last edited by braves011; 11-02-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150
If you dont smell coolant and cant see any obvious leaks then it might just be your blend door malfunctioning. Check fuses and when its real quiet with the key in the "on" postion you can hear the door adjusting when you mess with the temp.
'97 XLT: Flex e-fans, Superchip #1715, GOTTS intake, Flowmaster 50 Series, Euro fronts, LED tails, Pacesetter LT's w/ maggie high flows and maggie y-pipe, Yukon 4.10s w/ LS and Genuine Carrier.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM

Vehicle: 1997 ford f150 4x4
Could be a plugged heater core. may need to be back flushed.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParnAZ View Post
If you dont smell coolant and cant see any obvious leaks then it might just be your blend door malfunctioning. Check fuses and when its real quiet with the key in the "on" postion you can hear the door adjusting when you mess with the temp.

when I turn it on to use the AC it makes an audible noise almost like a door opening.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:47 PM