running weak

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
running weak

hey all,
I've been just feeling like my truck has a lose of power. i bought the truck with just over 100,000 two years ago and it was awesome, it has 150,000 on it now and ik it'll lose a little bit of power with more miles but i won't think this much. i could turn the tires over no problem and it pulled my 23' tt and two jet skis behind it like a champ and now i can hardly turn them over and it works so much harder pulling it now and i have more things done to it(in my sig). but i replaced my fuel pump with a bosch about 5 months ago and got my pass side manifold leak fixed and ever since then its just not as strong. but never replaced o2 sensors or factory precats idk if that'd help or not and plugs changed at 120000. so any ideas on what it could be that would help me out a ton!
thanks Jared

Old 07-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bigger tires= lost power (unless regeared) true duals can do 2 things. Help or harm performance. Did u tune it after cat delete?

Old 07-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I had the problem you descibed it was the left pre cat that was stopped up. Almost no flow.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i got the truck and a couple week later got the wheels and tires and i could still do burnouts no problem besides a good waste of money on new tires and surprisingly the duals helped my low end like crazy i didn't think it would do that much but i had a flow master cat back before that, but i did everything before i got it tuned so that should be alright i hope but I've talked to a lot of guys and they kinda had the same thought that my precats might be a little plugged up.

Last edited by blkstallion; 07-31-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quick Reply: running weak