Need some guidance

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need some guidance

Hey all, relatively new to posting but have been lurking for a while. My 05 with the 5.4 is running rough when the engine is warm at anything under 900 rpm and stalling out at idle. At highway speeds it smooths out and when the engine is cold is runs perfect. I changed out both cam position sensors because thats what the part store said was wrong and it didnt help. Today I went to a local dealership that I'm really not crazy about and they returned the following:
"found codes p0340 p0345, cam position -60 degrees, found possible head oiling problems, no history of maintenance, possible heads or base engine fault, cannot be sure without tearing down engine."
Dealership made it sound like the motor was pretty much junked which doesn't seem right to me, so I'm contemplating trying another dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ford108
Hey all, relatively new to posting but have been lurking for a while. My 05 with the 5.4 is running rough when the engine is warm at anything under 900 rpm and stalling out at idle. At highway speeds it smooths out and when the engine is cold is runs perfect. I changed out both cam position sensors because thats what the part store said was wrong and it didnt help. Today I went to a local dealership that I'm really not crazy about and they returned the following:
"found codes p0340 p0345, cam position -60 degrees, found possible head oiling problems, no history of maintenance, possible heads or base engine fault, cannot be sure without tearing down engine."
Dealership made it sound like the motor was pretty much junked which doesn't seem right to me, so I'm contemplating trying another dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
yes try another dealership...could hurt. At least you'll have a 2nd opinion

Old 08-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
The dealer sure its not the injectors?
Read this>>>>https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...ram-07m08.html

Quick Reply: Need some guidance