Can't win!

Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't win!

Here is the deal.I installed an Optima battery about a year ago..No problems. Later disconnect the battery to do some work. After hooking battery back up I started having idle problem .Soon I started hearing a knocking in the engine. Took it to ford dealer. They had the truck for 2 weeks ripping it down to replace cam, lifters, etc. When I got truck back, the noise was gone. But I still have rough idle and vibrations at 1100 and 1800 rpms.
I took back to dealer.

They checked everything from compression leaks to up date PCM.etc said truck engine is 100%.. I still have same problems.And prior to the work they did, I did not have the vibration problem. It may be a long shot, but after disconnecting battery you should go through a prosess of letting engine warm up operating temp, then run the A/C for at least 1 minute. Then drive 10 miles.
Could that be the problem? Is it that important?

Old 07-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
By the way I cleaned throttle body and Mass air sensor..No change..It's really pissing me off!

Old 07-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Are these vibrations while the truck is sitting parked or are they while driving down the road? Is it throwing any codes? What engine? It takes the PCM a little while to retrain after the battery has been disconnected but not that long.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can't win!