Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 06-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F150
2006, 5.4- No vacuum to brake booster after backfire

I started my 2006 F150 yesterday and it backfired. Its only got 35000 miles on it and is rarely driven. After starting it again I put it in gear and got a big surprise when the brakes didn't work!
I got it home and pulled the vacuum line off the vacuum booster and there is no vacuum. Listening I don't hear any signs of vacuum leaks, the hoses all appear good with no weathering, splits or cracks and the engine runs just fine?

Is there a check valve or something else that could be plugged or jammed from the backfire?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150 4.6
Pull the line completely off and check for a blockage. While its off check at the port itself for vac. Something (crude) probably came loose and is blocking the line or vac port. Might want to explore why you had a backfire in the first place.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Been doing some research and found Ford did a recall on the 05-06 F-150s with the 3 valve 5.4 for this very reason. Now all I have to do is get it into a dealer for replacement.
Magnaflow
2" drop shackles
Lariat flares
Extang Full Tilt tonneau
Old 06-18-2011, 07:35 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2005 Ford F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
Been doing some research and found Ford did a recall on the 05-06 F-150s with the 3 valve 5.4 for this very reason. Now all I have to do is get it into a dealer for replacement.
You should have received a letter from Ford about this recall. I am not the original owner of my F150 and I did over a year ago I believe. The Dealership had my truck for most of the day.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Took it in Saturday and 3.5 hours later I had it back.
While I was there I asked about the spark plug fiasco and was told it would be $272 to replace them plus an additional hours labor for each one that broke. Ford really screwed up on this one and I am very disappointed thye are not standing behind it. This is my fifth Ford pickup and have had 3 new Ford cars for the wife and thats how they treat their loyal customers?
Magnaflow
2" drop shackles
Lariat flares
Extang Full Tilt tonneau
Old 06-22-2011, 04:56 AM