Water in oil?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water in oil?

Ok so two weeks ago i did a timesert repair on number 4 spark plug while doing this repair it was rainy and damp (light rain) with alot of wind to make sure i had the valves closed i took off the cover it was misting slight under the hood(very little) thanks to galaxy everything went well.

Then the next day i did a oil change oil looked fine filled with new oil everything went great.

Now i have two problems one is im leaking antifreeze from what looks to be either the intake on filler cap side or the cast aluminum that connects one side of the intake to the other (goes behind alternator) either way i have to take the intake off due to ford installing bolts pointing up through intake to cast aluminum.

Well when i took my oil filler cap off it had this thick tan creamy stuff on it like coffee with heavy cream my dip stick is fine and oil looks great

So water in oil from instake or cast piece (visably leaking out side but slightly) just condenstation from working on it in rain with mist coming under hood?

No smoke from exhaust and no volume added to oil level either

Thanks

2000 f150 5.4

Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The gunk on the oil cap is not cause for concern by itself. Thats normal condensation in these engines.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by strokercrate

Now i have two problems one is im leaking antifreeze from what looks to be either the intake on filler cap side or the cast aluminum that connects one side of the intake to the other (goes behind alternator) either way i have to take the intake off due to ford installing bolts pointing up through intake to cast aluminum.

2000 f150 5.4

The area your intake manifold is leaking is non repairable and was a common problem. It is leaking from the surface where the aluminum intake crossover tube connects to the composite intake manifold. That is where you are seeing the upside down bolts... Which there is no gasket for. The only fix is a new intake manifold. Some have temperately fixed the issue with plastic weld, but is only a temp fix. It's unfortunate.. When you order a new intake manifold, make sure you get the updated one where they fixed this common issue.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by Toyz
The area your intake manifold is leaking is non repairable and was a common problem. It is leaking from the surface where the aluminum intake crossover tube connects to the composite intake manifold. That is where you are seeing the upside down bolts... Which there is no gasket for. The only fix is a new intake manifold. Some have temperately fixed the issue with plastic weld, but is only a temp fix. It's unfortunate.. When you order a new intake manifold, make sure you get the updated one where they fixed this common issue.
Ok thanks, so could this be leaking into the head?

Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Its probably just an external leak and based on your evidence of water in the oil you really dont have a concern. Again the gunk on the oil cap is normal condensation.. Might be on my oil cap.. its normal. unless you drain the oil and look at it and its got water in it..
You can get the intake at rock auto.com for less the $200 it seems like..

Old 10-30-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw this "white snot" on the underside of the oil cap in the winter months. It went away when I went back to dyno oil....I was running M1...but, I short trip this to work...so things were not getting up to temp before shutting it down again. I wasn't loosing coolant and I wasn't gaining oil level.

Make sure that your levels are staying put...check often!

Quick Reply: Water in oil?