Weird stalling issues.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird stalling issues.

so my truck started doing this a couple of days ago. It only stalls when I hit the brakes and trying to turn or in reverse and turning other than that all seems find Rpm at idle is about 550 rpm.

Its a 2004 4.6l with 409k 2wd. Got it brand new.

I have looked threw the forum nothing about stalling while turning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love this truck been been so good to me. Please help I am lost about what it could be.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Well, yer getting a lot of looks but not many answers. Diagnosing an issue like this can be hard. I assume there are no codes, no check engine light? If you have a CEL, what are the codes? If no codes, I would suspect an electrical issue and that would include the ECM is dying. I'd be checking for chafed wires, a bad ignition switch, corrosion on any of the electrical plugs under the hood, etc. The only break down I ever had with a very similar issue was with a 59 Dodge pickup I was modding out. Turned out the wiring in the steering column was shorting out. Rebuilt the steering column and was good to go. Before that, everytime I used the turn signal and turned the steering wheel, the engine would die. It can be something stupid easy and it could be something that you might never find. It might even go away on its own. Best of luck with it.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
I'd also look for a vacuum leak since it ocurrs when you hit the brakes.

Old 08-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid fix

got a P0506 pending code. Then got the confirm code and it stalled at a stop light after a bridge. Got a can of throttle body clean and a new gasket. $12 Fixed. So I would try it if nothing else works. Mine was not really that dirty for 409981 miles on original motor.

Just did the heater outlet pipe and thought I messed something up.

Last edited by Deathdealer2nd; 08-07-2017 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to exclude it's the original motor

Search this Thread