2001 5.4 Crossover leaking coolant (Manifold Removal)

Old 05-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 5.4 Crossover leaking coolant (Manifold Removal)

I have seen this problem discussed in other threads and understand that it is a pretty big job for the DIY at home mechanic. I was wondering if anyone knew of any special tools I need to have on hand before trying to take this on. Also I saw someone offering the Ford manual step by step instructions on the manifold removal. If anyone has this available it would be greatly appreciated. If I left out any pertinent info, I apologize just ask and I can get anything else posted.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 PM
It's actually fairly easy. As far as "special tools" Fuel line remover would be about the only thing other than your standard extensions or what not.

Youll want to drain your coolant about half way, or at least below the head line. Then begin removing everything to get to it(air intake, fuel lines and fuel rail, cop's and electrical connectors can be zip tied up out of the way) Good time to change your plugs while the intake is off.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:04 PM
So I am starting to take things apart and there is a pipe (rigid metal) coming up from the exhaust going to the throttle body. It has a large hex nut type fitting a few inches from the throttle body that appears to disconnect it, and then it mates to the throttle body which also has a set of bolts on it. This is on the drivers side of the engine. My question is do I remove this with the large fitting or the small bolts on the throttle body?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 5.4 Crossover leaking coolant (Manifold Removal)