help miss firing maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help miss firing maybe?

i have an 05 f150 with the 5.4...i was driving the other day and went to pass acar nd the trk just felt like it had no power andi could hear it spitting and sputteringout the exhuast,,the trk has 100,000 miles on it with stock plugs...would plugs cause this? also the engine light would come on then go off...im confused

Old 03-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CEL flashing means it is picking up a low grade misfire. Original plugs with 100k will be fun to change in your 3v... But I would suspect them, as also possibly cop's, dirty fuel filter and other maintenance things like cleaning the TB, MAF sensor etc...

Normally a low grade misfire will not completely shut the truck down like that though, just buck pretty bad. Since you have an 05, you may have an issue with an injector or injectors. Take it into the dealership and have them check the injectors, it's free on your model. Also have them pull the stored DTC since your CEL was flashing. If it is an issue with sticking injectors... you need to take it in asap before it becomes catastrophic. Go from there.

Quick Reply: help miss firing maybe?