egr issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
egr issue

i have an 07 with the 4.6L the check engine light came on so i used my tuner to pull the code. came back with p0403 which according to my research is "Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Control Circuit". i dont know what to do or can be done so i was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction. the motor has only 35k miles on it so im going to be pretty pissed if the valve has gone bad.

not sure if it matters but my battery died the day before. bought a new one, drove for a day and then this. just thought id mention it because ive read of people getting weird codes after a dead battery.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
Take it to Ford, that's a warranty issue.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
last time i was in, my warranty was up....but that was for door rattle.

i read somewhere that the drive train warranty is 50k miles, is this true?

Last edited by luckythirteen13; 12-02-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
glc
Powertrain is 5 years/60k miles. Emissions is 8 years/80k miles, possibly less in California. If the dealer doesn't want to take care of it on the powertrain warranty, go get a smog check. Then they have to fix it.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by glc
Powertrain is 5 years/60k miles. Emissions is 8 years/80k miles, possibly less in California. If the dealer doesn't want to take care of it on the powertrain warranty, go get a smog check. Then they have to fix it.
cool, appreciate the help. i took the truck in today, basically told them what you told me. the guy said he wasnt sure if the egr was covered under powertrain and didnt think it was even an emissions part. left the truck with them and they called me back a couple hours later saying the powertrain warranty would cover it unless they came across anything else while in there.....dont like how that sounds. they also said because they only have 1 service guy because they all called in or some BS it could be a week long job i told them to just give me the part and id do it in 30 min. they said no because they have to test the new part after they install it.......i didnt think theyd agree. so here i am, waiting for a call hoping they dont find some way to screw me out of warranty work. lets cross our fingers

Old 12-04-2010, 12:01 AM
A week for an EGR?? I'd raise hell that sounds rediculous...Oh wait its a dealership, n/m, par for the course.

Originally Posted by luckythirteen13
and didnt think it was even an emissions part.
Exhaust Gas Recirculation sure sounds like an emissions related part to me...

Last edited by ParnAZ; 12-04-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-04-2010, 09:41 AM
glc
They are dragging their feet - take it to a different dealer.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:17 PM
well guys i appreciate all the help. they fixed it under the powertrain warranty and although it took all day, it was no where near the week they quoted me so i cant complain. they did however tell me that my efans are confusing the computer and that it may throw a code and i should let them return it to stock. i told them the efans had been on for almost 3 years and havent thrown a code yet. i got in my truck and left with new parts installed and no money out of pocket

again thanks for all the help, would not have know about the different length warranties if i didnt ask.

Quick Reply: egr issue