Old Engine out New one about in, but help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Engine out New one about in, but help!

So if you guys have read my other threads and read that after Ford/Midas dropped something down cyl#1 during my plug change it came down to me to buy a new engine and then go after them to get my money back but that’s a whole other issue. So I have my old 5.4L 3v out and everything put on my new engine except plugs. I have read a few post threads about putting a 1 piece plug in that helps with the breaking issue. My new long block obviously didn't come with plugs and I’m just curious what’s going to be my best option. after this whole fiasco I’m planning on being proactive and changing my plugs every 50K. I know ridiculous but hopefully it will cut down on broken plugs. also is putting some ant seize on the threads a bad idea. i just want to do it the best way possible. also my new long block came with a tag saying to replace the oil cooler and if I don’t my new engines warranty will be void. Where, What, How? any info will help guys!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think the best option is sticking with the 2 piece motorcraft plug. Just follow the tsb and put antiseize on the shank. its not necessary to put it on the threads.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by jethat
I think the best option is sticking with the 2 piece motorcraft plug. Just follow the tsb and put antiseize on the shank. its not necessary to put it on the threads.
I agree.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! Thanks guys. This whole thing has been such a nightmare. it will be good to just have it done already. What to you guys know about the oil cooler?

Quick Reply: Old Engine out New one about in, but help!