Fan Clutch?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the input, I will look into the thermostat more first, if it appears that its not closing I will replace it, if things still dont change I will try the fan clutch and let you know what happens.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
A thermostat is only about 10 bucks - just replace it anyway. You have to pull it to test it so you might as well throw a new one in.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Kellxr7
thanks for all the input, I will look into the thermostat more first, if it appears that its not closing I will replace it, if things still dont change I will try the fan clutch and let you know what happens.

Your on the right track, -get the 192 - 195's have had problems in the past , -many. Defective part. It may take a few drive cycles, but proper function will train your clutch fan (so to speak) . Make sure you post back the out come. Please.

Thank you.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:13 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jbrew
Your on the right track, -get the 192 - 195's have had problems in the past , -many. Defective part. It may take a few drive cycles, but proper function will train your clutch fan (so to speak) . Make sure you post back the out come. Please.

Thank you.
Hey, Brew said "Please" and "Thank you"! Must mean he's mellowing. That's what happens to ya when ya get old! JK Couldn't resist that Brew. You are a tremendous asset to this forum. If the professional mechanics knew as much as you, their customers would be in a lot better shape!

Old 11-08-2009, 05:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by code58
Hey, Brew said "Please" and "Thank you"! Must mean he's mellowing. That's what happens to ya when ya get old! JK Couldn't resist that Brew. You are a tremendous asset to this forum. If the professional mechanics knew as much as you, their customers would be in a lot better shape!
Nah, not getting old, -I just logged back on to edit and delete that , so the pain would go away. But you quoted me!!! Oh well, I have a box of drugs around here somewhere. ? Damn dog prolly buried them again.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Ill change the thermostat after work tomorrow and let you know the outcome, ....why is there a little red thumbs down at the top left of one of my previous posts, I dont know how it got there and its drivin me nuts.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Just an update, I changed the thermostat, turns out it was stuck open. Now it operates at normal temp, and warms up alot faster. ...Although I am still skeptical abou the fan clutch, I will have to go for a ride with a couple buddies that have the same truck as I do because I still think the fan shouldnt roar the way it does off the line, but who knows maybe thats normal, I am used to my quiet little ranger.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:57 AM
After replacing my fan clutch...it still roars at startup and then after a minute quiets down. When it's bad, it will roar at high RPM all the time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fan Clutch?