Another P0104 EGR Insufficient Flow Code Problem
First time to post, thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.
Vehicle is 2002 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew 4x4 with 4.6L, 150,000 miles
1. Two weeks ago Check Engine light came on. Last week pulled the code and it came up P0104 EGR Insufficient Flow.
2. This week engine cranked but failed to start a couple of times after short (less than 20 minute) drives. After 2 to 3 hour (or overnight) rest engine starts up fine, but occasionally still fails to start after short trips. When engine starts it runs smoothly.
Figured it was time to do something about these problems. Spent last two evenings running down the great suggestions and threads on this site relating to the EGR problem.
Went out this morning and performed the suck test on the EGR Valve. Wife thought I was nuts by the way lol! Anyway, engine idle DID change and engine almost died with mild draw down on tube attached to the nipple on top of EGR Valve where the green line was attached. Also checked all lines/hoses and did not find any unattached or burned lines.
1. Is it safe to assume at this point that problem is NOT with the EGR Valve?
2. Is it safe to assume that ports are not completely plugged?
3. Is it possible that starting problem is unrelated to EGR Code problem?
4. What is best next step? Replace DPFE Sensor?
Thanks again for any advice here.