Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > V8 Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 08-12-2009, 08:35 PM
2001 Ford Expedition

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
Send a message via Yahoo to Lightning Expo
NEED HELP fuel pump went bad on expedition need help replacing

hey guys my fuel pump just went out on my 2001 expedition again for the second time. i have a warrenty on the parts so that is not a problem i just dont have the money to pay someone to replace because labor was quite expensive the last time. can anyone post pictures or video and give me a walk through on replacing this? thank you hope to hear back asap as i dont have a car right now
Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 AM
2001 Ford Expedition

anyone know how to replace this? tips? suggestions?
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
well generally you'd want to have a long 4x4 under the tank going long ways, and use a floor jack under the wood to help control the lowering of the tank. once its all supported you'd need to remove the tank straps and filler neck bolts, and carefully lower it about 4" then disconnect anything connected to the top side, and lower it down enough, secure it and remove the pump and put it back together.

Some SUVs have access panels under the carpet to get at the fuel pump through the floor instead of removing the tank.

let me look up some information real quick
Old 08-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Global Moderator &
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 F-150
Send a message via AIM to Patman
actually send me an email and i can send you the PDFs

I have information for a 2003 expedition which was the start of the next generation after yours, but the instructions should be similar to yours.

You 100% sure you need the fuel pump? you checked the appropriate relays / fuses / inertia switch?

Last edited by Patman; 08-15-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM
2001 Ford Expedition

well i havent checked any of that but i cant hear the fuel pump prime up when i turn the ignition on so im just about positive thats the problem. i sent you an email let me know if you didnt get it thanks
Old 08-16-2009, 06:23 PM