Really bad misfire on a 5.4 triton.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 10:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Really bad misfire on a 5.4 triton.

I have a 2007 F150 5.4 Triton that I have owned since April of 2023. When I bought it the guy said he had changed all sparks plugs, coil packs and done a fluid flush It was running perfect up until about the end of august and I got a sight misfire. It would get up to speed but not quickly or normally like expected. It started to sputter at 2k rpms when I would get to the 50-60 mph range and tried to hit the gas. for a couple weeks I drove it and I wouldn't push it over 2k rpms. I went to pick up spark plugs and coil packs last week to change them all out and on the way to auto-zone my truck lost all power. It couldn't go over 35 and was blowing white smoke from the exhaust. I pulled over and figured I had a blown head gasket and got it towed back to my house. I had someone come look at it and tell me they didn't believe the head gasket was blown and I just had so many cylinders misfiring that it had to much compression which was where the white smoke was coming from. So I went through and changed all sparks and coils and put new oil in because I burnt off when I thought I blew a head gasket. I started it and drove it down the road and the engine would shake the whole truck and it felt like it wanted to blow up It could barely get enough power to shift into 2nd gear. I've ran code readers and it says all 8 cylinders are misfiring. I'm not sure what it is or if anyone else has had a problem like this. I don't know if it could be a sensor or maybe a piston dropped or maybe the head gasket is blown. So if anyone has had a problem like this and knows what fixed it that would be great.

Quick Reply: Really bad misfire on a 5.4 triton.