truck jumps and dies at slow speeds and at stops

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck jumps and dies at slow speeds and at stops

when i stop the truck the rpms drop down to about 300 and stays there for bout 3 seconds then dies... at a slow roll not applying the gas it jumps pretty bad... at first i thought it would have been bad gas but when it died everytime i stopped i knew something else was wrong... i uploaded a video... i was also wondering if it would be the spark plugs because as long as ive had it i havent charged them... ive put bout 80,000 miles on them... please help!!!!!

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=102_1591.flv

btw the part i pick up in the video is a part i had just unbolted so no thats not y it started

Last edited by davidc128; 06-08-2008 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:10 PM
any info on the truck? year/engine

check behind the throttle body. there will be a vacuum line that runs from the passenger side head. this is the line to your pvc. check the elbow that you find for cracks or wear.

another thing would be to take the iac off and clean it. might want to go ahead and take the iac off to clean it if youve got an older body style truck. while youre there go ahead and check that elbow.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:04 PM
its a 2003 f150 w/ a 4.6 triton... i did check the elbow last night and its good but when i check the air filter i realized there was little to no suction so i figure the throttle body needs to b cleaned... i didnt check the pvc mainly because im not sure what it looks like... but because its still under warrenty i took it to the dealership... all i can do now is cross my fingers

Quick Reply: truck jumps and dies at slow speeds and at stops