Hydrigen generator boost kits?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hydrigen generator boost kits?

So i got get my 04 f150 smoged today at a local smog station. In the waiting room there is a demo for hydrogen generators boost kits. Demo was pretty much like this..one glass container filled with distillwater had some sort of heating coil, when you turn your engine on it activates coil in container producing hydrogen gas. The gas then travels via roughly 1/4(my guestimate on size) unpreasurized sucken hose from the container into the engine. The salesman said its suposed to help reduced carbons released from engine and make engine run cleaner along with giving you a 20%-50% boost in fuel efficiancy. It draws 2amps per bottle of distilled water and power comes from battery. For every 2 cylinders ya should have 1 glass bottles of distilled water with the heating coil in it. Bill(the salesman and owner of shop) has installed it on his 92corvete and there was a 10mile per gallon increase in fuel effeciancy. He then showed me the numbers on the emissions from his corvette pre hydrogen generators at idle and at 3000rpm and post hydrogen generators..and there was a significant drop in polutiants. Now its $250 for 1 bottle installation $400 for 2 $550 for 3 and $700 for 4..with me running a 5.4 v8 based off Bills info i would need the 4 to maximize effectiness IF( and thats a BIG IF cuz i duno crap about engines) this truely works. Now with that being said i have seen pics that he had on dispaly of cars that he has installed them on ranging from 70 elcamino to 04 chevy alvalanch and a 03 bmw incling his 92 vet. He has sold this system to my local sheriffs department. Now for what im seeking is any and all opinions regarding system. Would like xplanation on your reasonings and if you have any questions that you would like me to ask Bill i will be more then happy to go pay him a visit and ask away.

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm willing to bet 99% of the people on this board will tell you he's full of ****. However, I've been running an electrolyzer for a while now (the Hydro Assist Fuel Cell, personally) and I'll say that it can work. However, in my experience it takes a lot more than just hydrogen to boost your mileage. The PCM's on these vehicles are very picky and will quickly tune out any gain that you may initially see. With just the hydroxy booster on my '99, I gained maybe 1 mpg (well within the realm of mathematical error). However, with a combination of fuel heat and ionization, hydroxy, and ECU calibration, my '99 in my sig gets 25mpg at 65mph.

Before saying anything about the particular booster that you have in mind, I would need to see some efficiency numbers like lph/w (liters per hour per watt). The booster that I'm running produces 12 lpm at 30 amps, or 120lph/432w=0.28 lph/w. Not extremely efficient, but "good enough" to get some MPG gains when combined with the other mentioned mods.

Edit: To see just how efficient electrolyzers can get, check out OU Power Research. They also have a forum HERE if you're interested.

Last edited by Pinhead-227; 04-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Go here http://water4gas.com/2books.htm?hop=5startech

It looks pretty interesting. If it works, it would be worth the $200 for the books to build your own. You could also sell the kits and make some $$$. I am seriously contemplating this setup just because of the carbon issues the 3V 5.4 has. There is a ton of reading there so sit back grab a and relax.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Have seen these on ebay at 50 bucks, wondering if they will work as well...

Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 PM
My biggest concern is since hydrogin burns so hot the combustion inside the chamber whats that going to do to the engine? Thats why the emmisions are lowered cause everything is burned.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
This "technology" is a long way from being new. I remember units like these for sale in Car Craft and Hot Rod mags back in the early sixties. Your not burning hydrogen with these units, you have a small water injection system. Emmissions will fall and the biggest gains will be for the folks at high altitude. This "technology" was used on fighter air craft in WWII and did make more HP. Because you are also bringing oxygen molecules, a more complete burn of the available fuel will happen. The guy claims a 10 mpg on a Vette. I say he's been smoking some neat stuff. At the most, expect maybe as much as 5% increase in fuel mileage. The best benefit of these units is that the engines will not accumualte carbon and will be factory clean at 100,000 miles. But I wouldn't run out to buy one just yet. Wait for the newer GF-5 oils to come out or expect sludge. A home made unit that uses the heat from the exhaust manifolds has been the best I've seen. Get creative and make your own.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HHO Expert here

This application can have stellar results on a carburetor based motors, however as was pointed out in an earlier post, the PCM of newer vehicles will quickly negagte any initial gains you receive. Many of the products feature a MAP sensor enhancer. I considered the Maxigen application for my Ford. Pinhead your results are actually pretty spectacular and perhaps we can PM on your set up.
The majority of HHO generators require and electrolyte to boost HHO production.
additionally these generators consume anywhere from 12 to 20 amps when running. This does not make them very efficient. A tube with a t-valve is connected to the PCV. As you accelerate the vacuum draw the HHO into the Air intake. at this point, you are at the mercy of the computer. Again, pinhead 227 I would like to know more about your setup and if you are using the MAP sensor enhancement piece.
Currently a partner and I are working on a residential/consumer application that generates substantially more hydrogen than the units you see advertised on the net. Additionally we do not use and electrolyte but rather straight tap water.
Even more impressive is our ability to produce LITERS per minute at less than 5 amps.
I will not divulge any more information, however the potential implications are enormous. I have yet to attempt a system for my vehicle as stated earlier, due to the inaccuracies in the data I have reviewed. Likewise the various companies I have consulted have not explained the steps they went through to achieve their results. IMO, unless I see a 20% or greater increase in my fuel efficiency, I am just not interested in the investment.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:05 AM
First off thanks for the educated break down replies(im being serious not a wise ****) This old / "new" technology has my ears perked up and i also see great possible potential in this area, tis why its had me thinking most of the day. As for his advertisement he is saying 20% -50% increase in fuel effieciancy..Ima have to go get a clarification on how he aquired them numbers. Dyno specs? Highway? Specs In town specs? ...Cuz we all know dyno specs are gonna be the best out there. But once again thank you for the feedback/opinions!

Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 PM
gl 5 oils aint projected to be out till 2010

http://www.gf-5.com/

Old 04-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I have been following this for some time. From what I understand carb engines ar not an issue and the generators work well but the injected engines have issues. You do show a little increase in MPG but the computer adjusts the fuel due to the O2 sensors showing the engine is running lean. I have not checked into custom tuning for this issue. I am now looking at flex fuel Explorer. I have not heard any feed back on generators being installed on a flex fuel system.
Most my info is from research not by testing. I hope i get to test soon but my job is on the border line and I am trying to keep it alive.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:03 AM
I am getting closer to testing a HHO unit on my 06 5.4...as I have built many variuos prototypes over the last 6 months...I can get an easy 1-2 liters per minute of HHO,hydroxy,brownsgast,etc...at 12VDC with plain water it is not as easy..add a little baking soda(1tsp/gal) and the results are incredible...KOH(potasium hydroxide) is like rocket fuel, but I am not happy with the resistance...I will eventually get a circuit built to use just plain H20(no added chemicals)and turn out consistant low current draw gas...

the big problem with new vehicles is the o2 sensors and map sensors...I see many 02 extenders and map cheaters on ebay...and most units on ebay are rated 1 liter at 12vdc20amps=240watts....my target with some results <100 watts ex:12vdc5amps..

Old 05-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by georgesF150
I am getting closer to testing a HHO unit on my 06 5.4...as I have built many variuos prototypes over the last 6 months...I can get an easy 1-2 liters per minute of HHO,hydroxy,brownsgast,etc...at 12VDC with plain water it is not as easy..add a little baking soda(1tsp/gal) and the results are incredible...KOH(potasium hydroxide) is like rocket fuel, but I am not happy with the resistance...I will eventually get a circuit built to use just plain H20(no added chemicals)and turn out consistant low current draw gas...

the big problem with new vehicles is the o2 sensors and map sensors...I see many 02 extenders and map cheaters on ebay...and most units on ebay are rated 1 liter at 12vdc20amps=240watts....my target with some results <100 watts ex:12vdc5amps..
Sounds good. Keep us all posted.

I haven't figured out why everyone builds their cell to run optimally on 12v, when your vehicle's electrical system actually runs closer to 14.4 volts in a healthy system....

Quick Reply: Hydrigen generator boost kits?