More Power????

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More Power????

You know I used to blame Detroit for the mentality of all these idiots wanting "more power".
Now I am just irked. Why do so many here keep wanting more power, bigger truck, blah blah blah. I mean these are guys saying they support the troops and all this bull$h|t and yet they are the ones funding terrorism with the gas consumption!!! Where do you think the money comes from?!!!! What the hell is the purpose of owning a truck. Last time I checked it wasn't for a pissing contest. I mean the same idiots posting "how do I get better gas mileage" turn around and post "I can't wait for the 6.2L". WTF I ask you!!!!!!!!
You know, if we were really educated we would be debating things like:

How can we reduce drag and lower drag coefficients to make these vehicles
more practical?

How can we integrate hybrid systems that aren't so complicated?

How can we convince corporate America to build us a better vehicle?

How can we keep our money state side?

I like to know I can come here to get information that keeps my truck in tip top shape. I like the knowledge that can be found here. But this crap about bigger trucks and more power makes me think there are some ***** envy issues here. Maybe we should just boot the current sponsors and get ***** enlargement companies to support the site. Wouldn't that be great?!

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 PM
BSL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not trying to be a smart ***, but look at the mileage some of these guys do get that have all the power bolt ons. Sure they did it to get a stronger faster truck, but my mostly stock '02 does terrible compared to some of these guys. now when they lift it and complain about mileage thats stupid, but most people who get mods for power get the added side effect of better mileage. it's an enthusiast forum, some are psyched about big tall trucks others about fast trucks, to each his own man. live and let live

Old 03-11-2008, 04:12 PM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
WOW! Are all your other 456 posts this insightful?

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 03-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Seriously!

C'mon people... there is nothing wrong with being an enthusiast, however when I talk about change I mean serious change!
JMC, what is the purpose of your comment? Are all my other posts this "insightful"? I thought you were one of the more intelligent cats on this forum that would get what I was asking. This forum can be the catalyst for change. It is my understanding that because of people's "enthusiasm" site sponsors have implemented change and in many cases for the better. As for my "456" posts, there are plenty of them with errors, silly remarks, and insightful ramblings.... Just kidding about the insightful part.
There are people here who get decent mileage, but do you believe it is possible to get better by design rather than after market bolt ons?
Does anyone here know what percentage of an engines horsepower is used to overcome drag at highway speeds?
All I am asking is if anyone here has the ***** to think outside the box. I think everything I initially posted is valid and without error. You can NOT sit on both sides of the fence and many people seem to do that. I am trying to get people to choose the side.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
If your trying to inspire some sort of movement, you would have better luck on the crapper.

This is a truck forum, can't believe your trying this , HERE of all places. I bet if you look hard enough, you'll find a forum to relieve yourself of economical and political concerns. Seriously... No offense.

Old 03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Groovy

Originally Posted by jbrew
If your trying to inspire some sort of movement, you would have better luck on the crapper.

This is a truck forum, can't believe your trying this , HERE of all places. I bet if you look hard enough, you'll find a forum to relieve yourself of economical and political concerns. Seriously... No offense.
None taken my friend. Maybe I need a blunt right now. I have always romanticized the idea of the average joe standing up for more intelligent ideas while maintaining the objects they so very much enjoy (ergo our trucks).
Either way it seems as though I have pitched my idea to the masses with the least interest.
However I will laugh in the near future as more and more people post here about gas mileage and the price of gas and yet are not willing to discuss alternatives that can keep our much loved trucks on the road with out draining our savings away. Personally we are a six figure family and when gas is $5 a gallon we will still be able to pay our bills. Granted everything else will be more expensive because of the correlated increase in manufacturing and shipping costs, however WTF do I know.....

Now for that blunt..................i think its 4:20......almost

Old 03-11-2008, 05:03 PM
i agree 100%. as a matter of fact, i think i am going to go join green peace right now!! thanks for making the effort to begin this "change" in my life. im gonna sell my truck and start using my bicycle to tow my trailer, and walk a wheel-barrow to move things.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 PM

I think we need to try to get Detroit to build a CAR that gets decent gas mileage before we try to get them to build a truck that gets good gas mileage!

Trucks are meant to move/haul big things! That dosen't go to well with good gas mileage.

I'm in the market for a car right now and it sickens me that GM and Ford are bragging about their 35 MPG hybrids!!!!!!!!!

My old 94 Grand AM GT AUTOMATIC got 34 on the highway! THEY CAN'T DO ANY BETTER THAN THAT AFTER 14 YEARS!!!!!

I don't know what the problem is: oil companies paying them off, or stupid designers!

Give me a 60 mpg car that I can fit my family in or Honda and Toyota here I come with my money!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
There are vehicles that are more environmentally friendly. They get better mileage and emit less pollutants. If I wanted a more efficient vehicle, I would not have bought a truck.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:37 PM
esf
There are also a lot of people employed that either install these aftermarket power adders, make them or just sell them. This industry employs a lot of people from your average joe in the local muffler shop or speed shop to things such as magazine editors and publishers. While we might be spending a lot on foreign oil we are also employing a lot of hard working US citizens.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 PM
JMC

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Well malexander52, you got people thinking........ Unfortunately you picked the wrong place to start. We have a choice HP or MPG. I choose HP. You should post this in the Gen Discussion forum.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 03-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Well, as I sit here day to day hearing about job losses and more big companies filing chapter 11, I don't think gas mileage or air quality is going to be on many peoples minds soon anyway because food will be more important. One thing I do know is, I have been seeing alot of cut off converters & slashed fuel filler hoses with empty fuel tanks lately (mostly trucks) right out in the open, in daylight and one of them was when the lady had already remote started her truck then ran out of fuel after they siphoned the tank, in 13 degree temps. If people are already risking that kind of theft I don't want to know what's next. If fuel prices go any higher it wont matter if you get 35 MPG or whatever unless you park in a garage, and even then who knows. Oh well, at least were not in a recession though

Don't worry, I won't rant anymore on this.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks Everyone!

Originally Posted by JMC
Well malexander52, you got people thinking........ Unfortunately you picked the wrong place to start. We have a choice HP or MPG. I choose HP. You should post this in the Gen Discussion forum.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier
Excellent point there my friend.
I think what is exceptional is that despite the fear of recession and a looming energy crisis, the basic mentality hasn't changed which can lead us to conclude several possibilities:

1.The cost of fuel is not that bad and going up another dollar (or equivalent) per gallon isn't really going to move anyone to change

2. There is no recession, only a ton of people incapable of making an educated decision (most plausible I think)

3. The amount of resources China and India are consukming isn't really going to affect the global availability of resources and is not going to affect it's price either................

Either way it was a wonderful way to get people to post their paradigm.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Awesome

Originally Posted by SMIGGS
OMG that pic is freakin hilarious!!! I sent it out to the guys at work and we are laughing our a$$es off! Thanks for the laughs friend!!!!!!

Quick Reply: More Power????